2015/06/25 09:38:26
havemose
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
[]
The chm and web help we update constantly, the pdf/reference guide we do not update as frequently.

This raises a great question though - do folks prefer the pdf over the chm? We have been under the impression that many just copy the pdf to their kindle or print it out as a sort of deep reference guide not something they use frequently like the chm. If the pdf is getting heavier use please create a thread in this forum (Feature and Ideas) so we can hear from others about it and we can look into keeping it more current. 

I copy the PDF to my kindle and "study" when I'm not at the computer. I would like the PDF to always reflect the current software.
2015/06/25 12:31:36
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
cparmerlee
For me the CCC window is always chopped at the right.  I don't think I am missing anything too important, but it is impossible to see the entire window.  This needs to be fixed.

It sounds like either your screen resolution is unsupported or you have DPI scaling cranked up. C3 works with the minimum supported resolution of SONAR which is 1280x800.

You have mentioned giving full control over file placement.  That needs to include the ability to correct the situation that many of us have now where our C drive has lots of data that we really wanted to have on other drives.  

You will have a few options in this situation:
  • Starting with 1.1 you will be able to change the 'Cakewalk Content' path in C3, this is passed to all of our installers that install content.
  • Starting with 1.1 you will also have an option to always run the installers in verbose mode which will allow you to customize any unique paths specific to that application.

The CCC should support a move mode or else enable a "reinstall" feature that removes the old stuff and installs where we really want it, but without losing our other settings.

While there won't be a move mode, it is possible to uninstall and reinstall which would be the best course of action. The uninstallers also prompt you if you'd like to remove shared utilities and plugins that are used by multiple Cakewalk products. It's kind of hard for C3 to make this decision for a user, and if we did some group of folks would probably end up with the opposite of what they want and this is an option that I think is best left in the hands of the user.

2015/06/25 12:33:23
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
havemose

I copy the PDF to my kindle and "study" when I'm not at the computer. I would like the PDF to always reflect the current software.

Thanks, but please create a new thread for this topic since this one is about C3. Our documentation team isn't keeping an eye on this one.
2015/06/25 13:39:48
scook
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]

Thanks, but please create a new thread for this topic since this one is about C3. Our documentation team isn't keeping an eye on this one.

Done. Here is the reference guide FR http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3244803
2015/06/25 14:20:01
SF_Green
havemose
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
[]
The chm and web help we update constantly, the pdf/reference guide we do not update as frequently.

This raises a great question though - do folks prefer the pdf over the chm? We have been under the impression that many just copy the pdf to their kindle or print it out as a sort of deep reference guide not something they use frequently like the chm. If the pdf is getting heavier use please create a thread in this forum (Feature and Ideas) so we can hear from others about it and we can look into keeping it more current. 

+1

I often read the manual at work during lunch and would like it current please.
2015/06/25 14:32:33
scook
please comment about pdf documentation here http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3244803
this thread is for C3 development
2015/06/25 15:53:06
SF_Green
scook
please comment about pdf documentation here http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3244803
this thread is for C3 development

Sorry.  That's the hazard of viewing on the phone.  It's very easy to overlook things.

2015/06/25 22:56:31
mudgel
jbraner
If I rely on Cakewalk I will always have the latest installation for download but not an earlier download.

Mike,
FYI - CCC keeps all the old copies of downloads - in case you want to "revert" to an older version...

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. I keep all the download file as you say. What I mean is that because Cakewalk only provide the most recent installer I can't rely on them for all the backlog of files, hence I keep them all in the CCC download folder.
2015/06/26 17:46:18
Doktor Avalanche
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
jazzmann620
my only two issues with command center...the biggest one is there should be some type of progress bar when downloads are in progress

hmm that sounds like something weird might be going on. There is an orange progress bar across the bottom that updates % downloaded while it's downloading. If you're not seeing this I'd encourage you to either contact our support folks or create a problem report.

I bet you a fiver he's seeing the end part of the process when temp files are being deleted and files are being moved to another drive. The other condition is that the download folder is on another drive. Progress bar just sits there.
2015/06/30 16:21:13
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
Downloading the Foxboro DP update. It is taking a long time. Way more than two hours when finished.
I want to see the size of each update listed on the description window so I can decide which of the updates I will do when.

And in the case of DP, I want to choose separately any included content.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account