2017/12/01 08:25:08
35mm
I have just bought Studio One and Notion (both crossgrades) due to the issue I had with the Cubase GUI. I have to admit after watching some of the training videos on Studio One that are hidden at the bottom of the demo page, it is far more impressive than I was giving it credit for!
2017/12/19 14:25:32
JohnrC
I too used some form of Cubase since the 80’s on an Atari and liked it very much. Especially for MIDI work. But their licensing policies became ridiculously restrictive. For WaveLab too.

Being able to install Sonar (and Sound Forge) on any number of machines was the main reason Cakewalk and Sony got my money for the last 10 years.

I looked at returning to Cubase and see licensing is as stoopid as ever. 1 installation on 1 machine. That’s it. Even the give-me-all-your-money companies like Adobe, Pro Tools, etc. allow at least a 2nd install on a laptop or the home computer.

Looks like PreSonus allows up to 5 (I think).

Not Cubase.

You have to actually purchase a 2nd full copy of the software to do that.

They’ll tell you to install on other computers and just carry the dongle back and forth. Not a lot in life is certain, but I can guarantee you that sooner later I will be where the dongle is not.
2017/12/19 15:54:26
Frank-US
JohnrC
I too used some form of Cubase since the 80’s on an Atari and liked it very much. Especially for MIDI work. But their licensing policies became ridiculously restrictive. For WaveLab too.

Being able to install Sonar (and Sound Forge) on any number of machines was the main reason Cakewalk and Sony got my money for the last 10 years.

I looked at returning to Cubase and see licensing is as stoopid as ever. 1 installation on 1 machine. That’s it. Even the give-me-all-your-money companies like Adobe, Pro Tools, etc. allow at least a 2nd install on a laptop or the home computer.

Looks like PreSonus allows up to 5 (I think).

Not Cubase.

You have to actually purchase a 2nd full copy of the software to do that.

They’ll tell you to install on other computers and just carry the dongle back and forth. Not a lot in life is certain, but I can guarantee you that sooner later I will be where the dongle is not.

You can install Cubase as on many machines as you like. You just have to have the key with you.
2017/12/19 16:01:18
JohnrC
Frank-US
You just have to have the key with you.

Exactly my point. That's an error waiting to happen.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account