2014/04/18 14:55:16
Garry Stubbs
Hi, I have recently downloaded a bunch of Rapture presets by B-Rock, as they come recommended. I have unzipped the downloaded directories and placed them in C:Program Files/Cakewalk/Rapture folder.I have then opened Rapture and the Program Browser, pressed F5, but can't see the new presets. Checking some of my other Rapture expansion packs, they came with an installer, which my newly downloaded presets do not. So, what I am I doing wrong? I have an all 64-bit system, the latest version of Rapture, version 1.22.

Any pointers would be great, thanks...

Garry
2014/04/18 15:10:52
scook
Without knowing exactly which "bunch of Rapture presets by B-Rock" (preferably the file name and source of the file) I can only give generic suggestions.

Most DimPro and Rapture expansion packs have two parts: mulitsamples and programs.

For 64bit installations the default multisample portion for Rapture is located in "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Rapture\Multisamples". The programs are always located in "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs". Note ProgramData is a hidden folder.

If all you have are presets (called Programs in Rapture, they are files with a .prog extension) they would go in a folder under "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs". Once the programs are installed, it is necessary to refresh the program list by opening the Rapture Program Browser and pressing the F5 key.

2014/04/18 15:55:11
Garry Stubbs
Hi Scook, was away from my DAW when I posted earlier, I just checked and the B-Rock progs are downloaded from the Patcharena website, it was somewhere on the forum here that they came to my attention. I have just opened on of the unzipped downloaded directories and note that all the presets in there are *.prog files as you mention.

When I look in my C: directory of my main hard drive, I cant see any directory called ProgramData, and I remember this being the problem when I tried to install last week. I do have a C:\ProgramFiles directory and will try installing them in the \programs subdirectory down the tree there....

Will let you know what happens....

EDIT: Just read your post and originally didnt pick up on your comment that C:\ProgramData is a hidden folder, I will figure out how to display it and then try your original suggestion Scook, thank you...
2014/04/18 16:10:53
Garry Stubbs
OK, well, I found the hidden directory, and managed to load the subdirectories and get the Rapture browser to see them, but unfortunately they refuse to load due to 'multisample not found' error. Now what should have been a simple add-on to my Rapture libraries is getting a little complicated. Any clues as to what I am doing wrong still? The downloads appear to have no multisamples or and installers contained within...

EDIT: In fact, now NONE of my Rapture progs will load at all, everything is displaying the 'multisample not found' error message...fortunately, I have been able to move the newly loaded directories of .prog files back out of the Rapture sirectory, re - F5 the Rapture browser, and my all my original Rapture presets are working again...I am baffled

Garry

2014/04/18 16:20:25
scook
I am familiar with patcharena. Pretty sure I have installed all the Rapture patches there. Any chance of naming the problem download? I will look at the file. As mentioned earlier Rapture add-ons have two parts, multisamples and programs. Each part goes in it's own area in a Rapture installation.
2014/04/18 17:11:11
Garry Stubbs
Hi Scook, well I sure appreciate your help. Thank you. I simply downloaded the patches found here  - http://patcharena.com/tag/rapture-patches/

Then I transferred each zipped directory to a separate folder I made on my desktop for the patches, expanded them. The content appears to be all .prog - I cant see any multisamples anywhere....I am sure I am doing something stupid, but happy to have it pointed out here if I can get to use the patches...

Garry

2014/04/18 17:31:04
scook
There are 21 different collections on that page. I have the windows versions installed. Some have installers, some don't. Some are for OSX. One is just a collection of LFO's. The Architecture TB-32 collection requires the Galbanum Architecture CE waveform set so if you have not purchased that product, skip that collection. I can help you but would rather not have to go into detail on how to install each one. Would you like to pick one or two?
2014/04/18 18:18:38
Garry Stubbs
Hi Scook, well, the B Rock collection RP-1.64 seems to have the most presets in. I am interested in both hearing them and seeing how they are constructed, as a way of staring to learn how to tweak and create my own moving forward....

Garry

Edit: I am starting to understand now....I read the specific install instructions in this set and successfully loaded them into Rapture just now. I was going for a 'one size fits all' install and putting all the downloaded directories into the Rapture folder. I see now that there may be a different method when multisamples are involved, which is still not known to me, but may be explained in some of the other preset libraries....the mists are clearing....

2014/04/18 18:35:43
scook
It is one of the few that is only programs. Here is now I installed that collection
  • Unzip the B Rock Collection RP-1.64.zip
  • Move the B Rock Collection RP-1.64 folder into c:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs
  • Run Rapture
  • Open the Rapture program browser and press F5 to refresh the browser
  • There should be a new entry in the browser called B Rock Collection RP-1.64 with 7 folders in it
2014/04/18 18:40:54
Garry Stubbs
Scook, I really appreciate your attention to this thread, thank you. I now have the B-Rock patches working. I will have to search and read the Rapture manual some more to find out about the multisample features etc, but thanks so much for this. I now have B-Rock, but U-Rock too !
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account