2014/04/18 18:41:19
scook
The Kiosk Project
I read the specific install instructions in this set and successfully loaded them into Rapture just now. I was going for a 'one size fits all' install and putting all the downloaded directories into the Rapture folder. I see now that there may be a different method when multisamples are involved, which is still not known to me, but may be explained in some of the other preset libraries....the mists are clearing....

Yes, one size does not fit all but there are similarities. Reading the included instructions should help. Large collections like Muz3um with installers should go a little easier. I'll keep watching the thread.
2014/04/18 18:43:41
Garry Stubbs
Thanks again Scook... 
2014/04/18 18:48:30
scook
An excellent resource is Simon Cann's book Cakewalk Synthezisers

good luck

2014/04/18 19:15:46
b rock
B Rock collection RP-1.64 seems to have the most presets in.

Oh, that's an old one.  No doubt it's full of experimental presets.  There are more presets using the newer Rapture features in something like 00 Relative 110, but you'll need to have the (free) Rapture Expansion Packs 1 and 2 installed [available from Cakewalk to registered users].

The thought at the time was that most every Rapture user would take advantage of the Cakewalk freebies, and those packs added a number of new wavetables & multisamples.  Other than that requirement, the .progs were all designed to use what was in a "standard" Rapture installation (an updated synth, plus the two free Expansion Packs).

Anything that required custom multisamples for the presets usually had an installer courtesy of Chad Beckwith.  Scook mentioned the exception - Architecture TB-32.  In case you went to the direct download page in PatchArena, I linked the Synth Resources page above (it has some brief descriptions on requirements).  Sometimes, I added a ReadMe .txt file or Quick Start .pdf to the zipped archive.

Regretfully, there is no 'one size fits all' method that will apply to everything here.  These sets go back 8-9 years, and I was adapting my approach & learning new tricks as I went.  The refinements culminated in U-120 with that ongoing FiSound partnership.  It's always better to have a few sets of eyes & ears trained on any ambitious project.
2014/04/20 07:02:17
Garry Stubbs
Hi B Rock, thanks very much for the reply. I have heard some of the presets and they are very interesting. Very interesting to note how many of them incorporate up to 6 elements, which many of the standard presets don't. I finally am rising, albeit slowly, up my learning curve with Rapture. Thanks once again...
2014/04/23 11:00:15
chad
I've been tossing around the idea to take all the Rapture content on PatchArena and combine it into a single package for new Rapture users.  I haven't had the time recently to do this, but it is something that I'd like to do eventually.
There is some really amazing content in there that covers the gammit of Rapture features.  From Programs, Samples, Wavetables, Custom LFOs, SFZ programming tricks, Modulation Tricks, and more.  I'm not sure which method would be easier to digest for a new Rapture user.  I don't want someone to miss out on all of the gems on the downloads page if it was bundled all together. 

Anyone have thoughts on it?

2014/04/25 09:28:15
Mesh
chad
I've been tossing around the idea to take all the Rapture content on PatchArena and combine it into a single package for new Rapture users.  I haven't had the time recently to do this, but it is something that I'd like to do eventually.
There is some really amazing content in there that covers the gammit of Rapture features.  From Programs, Samples, Wavetables, Custom LFOs, SFZ programming tricks, Modulation Tricks, and more.  I'm not sure which method would be easier to digest for a new Rapture user.  I don't want someone to miss out on all of the gems on the downloads page if it was bundled all together. 

Anyone have thoughts on it?

First of all, I'd like to thank you Chad for all that you've done for us Rapture users.

I've been watching this post and was hoping someone more knowledgeable than I would post some suggestions. I think this is a great idea to have a link to DL the whole package (for those that don't have most of it) AND also have a breakdown (of the package) where each individual pack can be downloaded seperately (for those that already have most of it)......just a thought......
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account