2015/04/28 23:23:05
theheliosequence
It would be nice, along with the smart tool that Sonar has included, to be able to also select a "custom smart tool" that would have whichever tools that you choose to include in it.

Let's say when you're doing vocal comping or piano roll editing, there are certain functions that you want from the smart tool, but others that actually slow the process down or make you have to choose a different tool temporarily to achieve a particular task. Wouldn't it be great if you could just choose which tools you would like based on your workflow or for doing a particular task?

Let me know if you have a thoughts or ideas about this. I think this could be really useful for some people... I know I would love this when working in the Piano Roll.
2015/04/29 03:55:51
williamcopper
Great idea.   I too find the current rigid settings actually cause slowness in far too many ways, especially in PRV going back and forth between the notes and the controller view.   Actually just one little improvement would please me: being able to set the right click and center click actions for a tool.    I know you can use a keyboard key + mouse click, but that always requires shifting paws.

And puhlease get rid of "edit points" on notes.   Dumbest thing ever thought of, unless maybe for people for whom a note is a great big thing to be centered on the screen and admired cartoon size.

2015/06/22 12:58:53
Adq
Yeah, Custom Tool would be great. Just a few tweaks could transform Smart Tool from total disaster to pretty good and usable instrument. But it seems that nobody hears us.
2015/06/22 13:51:16
charlyg
It all depends on the amount of "us"s"...
2015/06/22 16:23:29
lfm
Associate the custom control bar with tools of your choice - and you have a context sensitive toolbar.

So any number of custom controlbars, maybe with images as well.
Then decide if you want a custom set to be associated with certains tools(like a checkbox for each now existing).
So a tool checked is active - that that custom set is visible for you.

So now you can choose from "menu items" and "commands", maybe "Tools" too to put in custom bar.
Haven't thought it through - but custom is always good, no limit on that one.

Smart tool has worked now for a while for me "touch wood", but suddenly it doesn't.
And then you have to jump between these operations to do the most simple tasks.
2015/06/22 16:31:00
brconflict
theheliosequence
It would be nice, along with the smart tool that Sonar has included, to be able to also select a "custom smart tool" that would have whichever tools that you choose to include in it.

Let's say when you're doing vocal comping or piano roll editing, there are certain functions that you want from the smart tool, but others that actually slow the process down or make you have to choose a different tool temporarily to achieve a particular task. Wouldn't it be great if you could just choose which tools you would like based on your workflow or for doing a particular task?

Let me know if you have a thoughts or ideas about this. I think this could be really useful for some people... I know I would love this when working in the Piano Roll.

The main thing I seek is being able to remove some functions from the Smart Tool. For example, I don't use Speed Comping, but invariably, the Smart Tool function for Speed Comping totally gets in my way when trying to select sections of clips. I have to really expand the height of the Lanes, which is a bit more work and navigation to make things easier. 
2015/06/23 05:19:10
Adq
We were promised customization 4 years ago:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/2281856
And it seems that it is the last news.
2015/06/23 12:14:57
mudgel
Adq
We were promised customization 4 years ago:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/2281856
And it seems that it is the last news.

I don't read anyone in the linked thread promising anything, there's not even a Cakewalk representative posting in that thread.
2015/06/23 12:57:40
lfm
Fastbikerboy mentioned this:
"I think customisation is the answer. Brandon has indicated that this will come in future versions."
2015/07/03 18:48:04
Notecrusher
This was previously requested here:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Custom-draw-tool-mappings-m3228674.aspx

Make some noise for this if you need it folks!

This is my number one request. My workflow is completely fuxored because Cakewalk has decided THEY know how the drawing tools should work and I am stuck w/ their choices which do not work at all for me.

We USED to have custom assignments for the draw tools. But Cakewalk took it away. Taking away a key feature -- PARTICULARLY user customization is a never do. CAKEWALK: PLEASE BRING BACK USER CUSTOMIZED DRAW TOOLS ASAP!

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account