2015/06/30 09:57:27
KPerry
It does (as of X3 at least).
2015/07/02 13:34:54
Spencer
brconflict
Sonar still doesn't use the channeling supported by Waves, such as side-chaining, I believe. One of the last DAW's to put it off, maybe? I advocate better Waves support here.  +1

gotta use the VST3 version and it works fine.
2015/07/02 16:47:42
tlw
My work-round is to use parallel compression in conjunction with the eq.

Duplicate the bass track and put a compressor sidechained to the kick (or any audio as relevant) on one track. If desired output both tracks to a bus for convenience.

Playback both tracks and have a listen. Cut the bass as seems required in the track without the comp and everything else as seems required in the track with the comp.

Not ideal, and a side-chain into a single band on a multiband might work quicker and better, though there still might be the need to handle unwanted side-effects in the frequency band above the one being compressed.
2015/07/02 19:08:40
Dyonight
thanks that's a clever tip! But yeah I'll just get the Fabfilter plug since it's more straight farward and can do a ton of other trick so it's well worth having!
2015/07/07 16:03:53
SF_Green
Dyonight
thanks that's a clever tip! But yeah I'll just get the Fabfilter plug since it's more straight farward and can do a ton of other trick so it's well worth having!

The Fab Filter MultiBand is a sweet plugin.  You won't be sorry you got it.  I've been amazed at some of the results I've gotten with it.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account