2015/07/06 13:43:41
Starise
Ok I'm a dreamer, I'll admit it, but this is the place to ask right? :)

It would be soooo cool to simply say "record" into the mic and have Sonar start recording, then say "stop" and have Sonar stop but omit the word "stop" This is especially helpful if you're holding a guitar and you need to reach past a bunch of stuff to hit play/stop/arm etc...what do you think?
2015/07/06 18:05:40
atiinola
Interesting.  I wonder if the included voice recognition in windows 7 could be used for something like this.  I would think that the tracking would need to be done through headphones. Otherwise, I hate to think what type of commands would get issued from the guitar, especially when i play.
2015/07/06 18:17:43
bluzdog
Hmmm.....certain lyrics could have undesired results i.e. " for the record I said stop, no means no" would be yield "I said". I have no problem with the conventional method.

Rocky
2015/07/06 18:19:39
Leadfoot
I like the idea, Starise. One question: What if you have a verse that contains the word "stop"?
2015/07/06 18:20:58
Leadfoot
I see bluzdog beat me to the punch...
2015/07/07 08:52:29
Brando
I played around with Dragon Naturally Speaking in a previous version of Sonar and it works ok. You need the premium version to enable voice recognition in applications outside of basic email and document transcription. For someone looking to replace a lot of key bindings and key shortcuts with a voice equivalent it would work well without a doubt. But I tend more towards mousing, menus etc, and for that you're better off with a mouse. I use my regular windows onboard audio for Dragon, and use a small headset for it.
I still use Dragon on another PC and I like it a lot. Great tool for writing/text manipulation. I think it could be integrated effectively into SONAR but would require some thought into how best to work it into an individual's workflow.
I (personally) hope Cake doesn't go down this path as there are viable solutions available already - and so far Cake's implementation of Touch leaves much to be desired (half baked).
2015/07/07 08:59:17
Doktor Avalanche
Starise
Ok I'm a dreamer, I'll admit it, but this is the place to ask right? :)

It would be soooo cool to simply say "record" into the mic and have Sonar start recording, then say "stop" and have Sonar stop but omit the word "stop" This is especially helpful if you're holding a guitar and you need to reach past a bunch of stuff to hit play/stop/arm etc...what do you think?

Would not work for Motorhead.
2015/07/07 11:04:08
Starise
I see your points....but I still think it could be a viable idea inside of Sonar. I was describing the basic idea which would need to be honed. I started thinking this way after I bought my last car and it has a lot of voice recognition in it...and by using siri. 

There are ways to get around  words spoken in the lyrics that might trick the system. This might involve  saying " sonar record" or "sonar stop" or "sonar arm" ...you're not likely to have those in your lyrics :)
The implications are actually better than touch screen in my thinking...you probably can't use it for automation or fader moves, but tracks could be selected ex. " sonar track 3 arm" "sonar track three record", "sonar track 3 rewind to 32" 

This really isn't as far fetched as it may seem and think of the handicapped people who might be able to make use of the technology in addition to making a tracking session a piece of cake for a guitar player who is wearing his axe.

Another audio line would probably be needed seperate from the main tracks intended only for voice/speech recognition.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account