• Software
  • What do you think of JRRshop?
2017/12/04 23:45:56
mixmkr
I've ordered minimal stuff from them but recently ordered a Faderport 8 from them 9 days ago and have yet to get a tracking number, shipping info, etc...which I was informed I would get when the Faderport 8 shipped.   I called JRRshop up and said it was being drop shipped directly from Presonus and "it was out of their hands" at this point.  I then called Presonus, they wouldn't give me any info, because they said JRRshop is their "customer".  Giving a chunk of cash to a vender and not hearing any updates, progress, ... is a little disturbing since we've gone over a week now from when they got payment.

I will say I got a "gift certificate" from them, for the price difference between a Black Friday cost and a Sonar customer crossgrade to Studio One.  That took about 4 days and 1/2 dozen emails, but they were nice enough to honor the difference, after the fact.  

Any rate...BOTH JRRshop and Presonus told me the only thing I can do at this point is the wait (on them).  So ....how long to you give them?  I realize a week+ isn't all that much time, but NO INFO from an online vendor seems a little out of line.  Seems they could call PreSonus and get some sort of update.
2017/12/05 04:20:55
GreyLion
Uncle E at JRRShop is utterly reliable at making good on problems. 

However, his site experienced a near-extinction-level event beginning shortly before Black Friday and lasting for about a week. The company that hosted his business crashed and never came back up. He had to scramble to find a new host, get all the bits and pieces re-assembled, deal with more brokenness, and then probably got slammed by the pent-up customers who'd been waiting for him to get back up.

He's a KVR favorite and a regular there, and most of us have done tons of business with him for a long time. I've never, ever caught him in a lie or misrepresentation, and he bends over backwards to take care of you if something goes wrong.  

If he says the issue at this juncture is at the Presonus end, you can take it to the bank. I haven't read anything saying that they're hung up, but wouldn't be surprised, considering the software and hardware promos they're currently running.
2017/12/05 05:11:18
mixmkr
That's good to hear.  Life isn't a rushjob for me... so we'll see what happens by next week. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
2017/12/05 05:21:20
GreyLion
You're welcome! And best of luck!
2017/12/05 08:38:27
rj davis
When I bought Studio One from them last week and didn't hear from them after a few days, I called them on the phone.  A very friendly person answered and quickly looked up the status of my order.  Have since received the license.  I was pleased and impressed, and will do business with them again.
2017/12/05 09:17:36
subtlearts
Yes I can also vouch, I've never had any issue with them at all. Haven't done that much business with them but when I have everything has always been 100% skookum.
2017/12/05 09:18:09
35mm
I wonder how much of this is down to Presonus. I ordered Studio One Pro and Notion from JJR last week and was expecting my licenses almost instantly. I contacted JJR after a day and they said they were waiting on Presonus and that I should get the S1 license soon, but that the Notion license may take longer. It took about 2 days to get the S1 license through, but still no Notion license. I think S1 has been a favorite for many Sonarians so I imagine they have been snowed under with orders and that has probably put some stress on the system.
2017/12/05 10:27:19
BobF
I've used them several times.  Always a pleasant experience.

I haven't ordered any hardware from them though.
2017/12/05 11:31:08
Kuusniemi
I also have nothing but praise for JRR Shop. Sometimes there have been waits but everything always goes perfectly.
2017/12/05 11:58:21
cclarry
Ditto all the above.  Uncle E has his share of issues, but he'll ALWAYS
make good!  So, no worries.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account