• Software
  • What do you think of JRRshop? (p.2)
2017/12/06 01:26:33
mixmkr
I contacted JRRshop today to see if they could see what's going on in Baton Rouge (PreSonus).  JRR replied fairly quickly...but apparently they were told it's inventory counting time and the item will ship when that is complete....however PreSonus didn't offer any estimated time frame, etc.  
2017/12/06 22:26:33
BassDaddy
I understandkeeping you informed seems to be the least that they could do. They should be sending you updates everyday without you contacting them even if there is no news. There isn't anyone out there that is more reliable than JRR Shop. It's too badthiswould be an opportunity to leave a bad taste in your mouth. 
2017/12/07 00:06:19
mixmkr
Well PreSonus called me today after I posted in the PreSonus forums.  The VP of marketing told me to email him.  He then called today and said they didn't have any orders from JRRshop for me, but they have them in stock.  Said he'd get back to me after calling JRRshop.  BOTH JRRshop and Presonus have my order #, address, phone...etc.
8 business days later and a weekend without shipping is....eh....  PreSonus has yet to get back to me after a day of checking.

JRRshop hasn't bothered to follow up either.  They only replied when I asked them what was going on...but didn't have any answers as what specifically was happening.

I'm not in a "life or death" hurry....but losing track of the order, no initiative on their ends....

Oh...btw I started a support 'ticket' with PreSonus...a week ago....  they gave me a ticket number...but it's empty in the description.  So I have no idea what's going on with that either.

You'd think musicians or "drummers" ran these companies  :-D

2017/12/07 03:55:45
dcmg
Sounds like an unusual occurrence as JRR shop has always been solid and very responsive in my previous dealings. I'm sure it will be resolved; they're not the type of company that leaves a customer hanging.
2017/12/07 04:13:30
abacab
Well I have the Studio One crossgrade in my shopping cart at JRR, but I'm waiting to see how this works out...still running the demo.  Also have the crossgrade discount code for direct purchase from the PreSonus store.

Never had any issues with JRR in the past.  Maybe it's just the holiday sales rush, combined with the recent website issues, combined with the Sonar ex-pats placing an extra heavy load on them...
2017/12/07 06:21:27
mixmkr
Just a "btw".... I got the crossgrade from JRR with no issues.  This deal seems to be the only one running off the rails.  After my payment, JRR had my serial # immediately and I was using the program within minutes after my purchase.
This 2nd part of that purchase seems "katy_wompuss"  ;-/
I'm admittedly not too fond of the lack of "effort" with all other parties, which should realize some time has now passed and the hardware hasn't even had a stamp put on it to ship.
Will update...
2017/12/07 06:59:11
Resonant Serpent
I had a problem years ago where I bought the full version of Midi Quest from them. Three weeks passed and it still hadn't shipped. They told me that it was ordered from a third party, and they were having trouble getting it in. I asked for a refund and received it. Ordered other items, and never had a problem, so I didn't hold it against them.

2017/12/07 07:58:01
cboshuizen
Exact same story for me, I ordered a Faderport 8 at a great price, but the order still says "processing". I put in a polite request for a status update on their contact form 2 days ago but haven't heard anything yet. Luckily I'm out of town and won't need it for a week.

I've ordered software from there before, and they've been good about getting keys to me in under 24 hours, but this is my first time ordering hardware from them.
2017/12/07 14:18:15
abacab
Just noticed that Guitar Center has the Faderport 8 listed as "Available 1-05-18, you will not be charged until order ships".

Must be a supply back-order situation...

And Sweetwater says "arriving soon".
2017/12/07 16:32:16
mixmkr
PreSonus TOLD ME yesterday they have plenty in stock to ship.  Apparently they haven't gotten them out to their dealers.
This was on the phone with Rick Navqi, VP of marketing.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account