2017/12/17 13:09:19
Primetime
Yesterday, I spent pretty much all day trying to learn my brand new copy of samplitude, between Kraznet's video tutorials,
help files and manual, I was able to dig deep into it, I even transfered an OMF file from Splat, which was a breeze....
Folks, if you haven't tried Samplitude, give it a shot, it is an awesome piece of software, very steep learning curve, but once you're able wrap your head around it, it all falls into place...Just remember Samplitude isn't sonar, it's different, but in a very good way.
2017/12/17 13:27:24
cclarry
I agree!
2017/12/17 16:52:04
bitflipper
Samplitude, IMO, is the closest analog to SONAR. Being a Windows-only DAW means it's deeply integrated into Windows like SONAR is (although surprisingly doesn't offer WASAPI as an option). Sometimes when you're dealing with Mac-centric companies, you get the feeling that they might have one guy in the office who understands Windows. That was certainly how it felt when dealing with MOTU. I'd imagine Macs dominate the Pro Tools and Cubase communities, too.

But as familiar as many things are (e.g. the PRV which will present almost no learning curve to SONAR users), jarring differences do pop up unexpectedly. There are some weird UI conventions to get used to, but at least they are consistent so you only have to figure them out once.

2017/12/17 18:05:40
rsinger
For the basics I didn't find any learning curve. Setting up audio and midi inputs, fx and vstis, recording and playback, saving fx chains and project templates all seem pretty straightforward. Beyond that there will be some learning curve, but then I'm not a power user. I find the documentation to be laid out better in Samp that in Sonar. And Kraznet has a lot of tutorials. 
2017/12/17 19:03:56
Primetime
Kraznet is a Samplitude guru, I would love to have him as my neighbor!!!!
2017/12/18 00:39:03
35mm
I have just finished my first substantial project In Samplitude. I have learned quite a bit, but the learning curve didn't get in the way. I was always able to do what I wanted even if there was a better way of doing it that I didn't know about. I can't recommend Samplitude enough.
2017/12/18 02:10:24
SimpleManZ
Is Samplitude a 64 bit DAW and if so does it have a bridge to launch 32 bit VST. 
2017/12/18 03:03:48
Geo524
I agree with everything said here. I played around with Samplitude Pro X3 most of the weekend and was very comfortable with it. I love the hybrid audio engine and spectral layers is the bomb. Great program. Im sure glad I decided to take advantage of the insane Magix offer. Dudnt have to think to hard about it.
2017/12/18 12:46:57
cclarry
SimpleManZ
Is Samplitude a 64 bit DAW and if so does it have a bridge to launch 32 bit VST. 

Yes it is 64 bit and has built in "bridge" support for 32 bit plugins
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account