• Software
  • Sony Noise Reduction Bundle 2.0 - no Serial numbers in my account anymore..
2016/12/28 13:12:37
LJB
Well this is fun. Now that Soundforge has been sold to Magix, my noise reduction bundle serial numbers are just plain missing.. And of course they don't answer phones anymore either. Magix has an automated server that says the plugs are not supported, and the automated Sony support says Magix supports these plugs. Anyone here know anything about anything?
2016/12/28 14:33:17
cclarry
They've probably been moved to a Magix account, but
you'd think they would notify you of such a move...
2016/12/28 15:16:34
LJB
Nope, nothing in the Magix account either. Soudforge is there, but not the plugins.
2016/12/28 20:26:35
ampfixer
In my mind I've got a picture of two guys pointing at each other while they both say "it's his fault".
I have no idea how to resolve any issue with my Sony stuff after the buy-out. I think it's all part of a bigger plan.
2016/12/28 22:35:36
fwrend
I don't have the Noise Reduction stuff but just checked my account and all my software is listed along with SNs and download links.  Do you have the SN somewhere else in an email or text file (both of which I keep) and/or have you tried this?

EDIT: actually the download links redirect to the Magix site.  I logged into my Magix account which only showed Vegas 14, however, I was able to register Sound Forge Pro 11, Vegas DVD Architect 7.0, and CD Architect 5.2 using the registration numbers I had.  Now they are indeed listed in the Magix user area under My Products.  Sorry for your trouble but thanks for posting this as I may not have ever looked to make sure those products had actually transferred.  I hope you get it squared away!
2016/12/29 10:40:33
kitekrazy1
The NR eventually became part of Soundforge. Sad that situations like this can cause some users illegitimate means of using their software.
2016/12/29 11:10:37
Lynn
I just recently lost my C drive and had to recover all my apps including Sound Forge and Vegas.  Some of the apps that came with SF and Vegas, like CD Architect and DVD Architect were listed in my account, but when I tried to download them from the Sony site, I was directed to the MAGIX site where they tried to sell me their versions of those programs.  However, I was lucky enough to have saved my download file from my old C drive which still had the installation files for those apps, and I was able to recover them.  Perhaps you still have those installation files in your download file, too.  It sure saved my goose.
2016/12/29 11:34:29
kitekrazy1
I had to register all of my Sony's in Magix. Nothing transferred.
BTW no upgrade pricing for this either.
Might be time to find a new audio editor.

2016/12/29 12:07:39
LJB
I somehow don't have the Serial numbers for the Noise Reduction as it was an add-on and it's a few years old now. The missing SN feature sends me in circles - this is total BS. But then Sony was never big on support.
2016/12/29 12:14:23
kitekrazy1
Serial # still show in my Sony account.  Something I always do with software is zip it and paste the serial number in the archive, along with the email saved as a text file.  You are often at the mercy of web developers when it comes to stuff like this.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account