• Software
  • Can we now talk about other DAWs in Cakewalk forum or is it against policy? (p.3)
2017/12/13 21:13:37
CTStump
The rules don't change when the software is unsupported. Besides there are people still having issues so the Sonar Forum should be just for that in my opinion as has been stated.

I expect a lot of heavy handed Moderation at this time with the Mods being in the dark as much as we are.

Your not alone there other posts that might(Will) be moved off subforums as we type. When the forum does shut down then nobody will be able to post as they see fit.

Also if your happy with Studio One make sure you post at their forum and let the Users there know.

Good music too you with your new solution.
2017/12/13 21:16:39
dappa1
Thanks CTStump. I will take your advice and leave the forums. But cant I stay cos I still own a copy of SPLAT with the latest updates. So in affect I can still post here. Until the forum disappears into oblivion as I suspect it wont last through to 2018. New Start for Gibson I believe. My prediction it won't see 2018.
2017/12/13 21:17:19
dappa1
Better start exporting those files to your new DAW Stumpy my old friend 
2017/12/13 21:20:49
CTStump
dappa1
Better start exporting those files to your new DAW Stumpy my old friend 

Well my new DAW is the old and obselete Sonar 8.5 with Studio One 2.6.5 as the Mastering solution.

Been that way for years....and years to come my friend.
2017/12/13 21:31:57
dappa1
You got Studio One 2 Excellent. Way to go 

You jumped of the Sonar X series. You saw where it was going to. Smart move. Have you made any tracks in Studio One yet?
2017/12/13 21:37:37
dappa1

I am proud of my new DAW and I stick by it one hundred percent. I am a diehard Studio One 3 fanboy The new John of the Presonus world.

I like it as well, it's been my number 1 DAW for around 3 years (or since release of v3). Don't know about being a diehard fanboy, it is only software, a tool, not going to marry it or become emotionally attached to it or PreSonus and pledge my undying devotion and loyalty to them or anything. If I found something that I thought was better, that better suited to me, I'd be packing up my bags and moving, just like any other software, I have just about all the drum vsti's going, BFD3 is still the best as far as I'm concerned, but as soon as something better comes along I'll be setting up camp there, and I look forward to that 'something better', it will be a great day even if it turns out to be BFD4 or Studio One 4 or whatever. There is always going to be something better, even if it is yet still around the corner. But for now Studio One is where it's at for me and I'm quite happy and content as it stands.
2017/12/13 21:45:59
CTStump
dappa1
You got Studio One 2 Excellent. Way to go 

You jumped of the Sonar X series. You saw where it was going to. Smart move. Have you made any tracks in Studio One yet?

I got about 40 unfinished songs and hooks In Studio One. Not that I can't finish them but in Sonar and project 5.2 the idea's come alot faster so the work get finished faster.

Studio One is much more better for polishing finals for sure.

p.s. The Studio One stock plugins are a lot better than folks complain about, I wish I could use em im Sonar.
2017/12/13 22:49:16
TPayton
Matron Landslide
dappa1

I am proud of my new DAW and I stick by it one hundred percent. I am a diehard Studio One 3 fanboy The new John of the Presonus world.

I like it as well, it's been my number 1 DAW for around 3 years (or since release of v3). Don't know about being a diehard fanboy, it is only software, a tool, not going to marry it or become emotionally attached to it or PreSonus and pledge my undying devotion and loyalty to them or anything. .

Yeah, it's only software.  Not like it's a guitar or something.
2017/12/15 00:48:51
SteveStrummerUK
dappa1

2017/12/15 04:42:13
JonD
CTStump
Well my new DAW is the old and obselete Sonar 8.5 with Studio One 2.6.5 as the Mastering solution.

Hey CT, good to see you around the boards (I'm also active at KVR and the Studio One forums).

Your setup is very interesting.  I still own Sonar 8.5 and S1v2 (as well as the newer versions), and sometimes think the older combo was better for me -- more streamlined, and I felt like with fewer bells and whistles, I was more productive.

Just curious, do you stick with a palette of VSTs that never changes, or do you ever introduce new plugins or software to your setup?  I considered going back to the same setup as yours, but I'm too paranoid that a new plugin will bring the whole thing crashing down, so just gave up on the idea.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account