2017/12/13 21:16:19
Metaclass
Looking for a new DAW, that we all probably have to, after almost 20 years of use. I have to ask : 

After trying Studion One, and CUBASE, I foudn to my surprise, that non of them can record on the same track and listen to the previous recording ( ont the same track )simultanously !`? So, really I am spioiled by SONAR . Also a friend using Logic, says its not possible, .

Well, this feature, I HAVE TO include in my new daw. What DAW have this feature ?
2017/12/13 21:21:22
almeister
Check the Presonus forum. There's a lot of info on this there but I'm pretty sure you can do it but it depends on the style of monitoring you choose to use.
https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=25650

their forums have a lot of good info
2017/12/13 21:23:37
interpolated
As long the software works for the interim it will give you a chance to convert your projects. There is crossgrades to Cubase which is always an option. Look at Magix Samplitude as well as an option.

2017/12/13 21:24:30
Jeff Evans
Of course you can do it in Studio One. There are several monitoring options. You just have not found out how to find them and change it. In fact there are quite a few options in that department. That one is called tape style monitoring.
Metaclass
Looking for a new DAW, that we all probably have to, after almost 20 years of use. I have to ask : 

After trying Studion One, and CUBASE, I foudn to my surprise, that non of them can record on the same track and listen to the previous recording ( ont the same track )simultanously !`? So, really I am spioiled by SONAR . Also a friend using Logic, says its not possible, .

Well, this feature, I HAVE TO include in my new daw. What DAW have this feature ?

I do that on every song I create in REAPER. You do need to set "Free Item Positioning", and then you can record a whole entire song with hundreds of clips on a single track if you wanted to.

In my way of working though, I'll record a section of a track, like say a bass guitar line, up to a point where I'm not sure what to play for the next change, so I'll stop there, and then start composing and getting proficient at playing the next section. Once I've got the next bit figured out, I'll punch into record on the same track, a measure or two *before* the last recorded clip ends. Then I just continue on playing/recording the next section. When I'm done with a track, I usually have *many* overlapping clips, and will then take the time to slip edit the ends and clean it up.

The other thing I do frequently when stacking on a single track is when doing backup vocals.  While I'm at a particular section, I might record three to six harmony vocals, all on the same track while I'm on a roll. I can always split them out to separate tracks later, if I really need to. Frequently, I'll leave them all on a single track, since each clip has it's own separate volume, pan, FX, and even stuff like pitch, volume, or pan envelopes.

2017/12/13 22:16:11
dappa1
What the...of course most DAWs can do the same things it is whether they do it well or not. Just get Studio One 3.
2017/12/13 22:59:14
pfossi
I’ve had Studio One 3 Pro for three weeks. What I’ve found so far is that it can do pretty much everything SPLAT did. The problem is, finding it. There are some things that make it easy. The one thing I haven’t found is a forum like this one, for quick answers. But they have many more tutorials and YouTube videos that cover pretty much everything major.
2017/12/13 23:02:35
Jeff Evans
The Studio One forum is also excellent for quick answers. Some very knowledgable people over there.

https://forums.presonus.com

There is also the excellent Studio One Expert site too. Something Sonar never had:

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/studio-one-expert

2017/12/13 23:04:07
dappa1
It's a great product Teddy Riley uses it. Infact he has been an advocate for it he says the sound is great and mixing in it is better than Pro Tools. You can check out his you tube vids.
2017/12/13 23:58:24
jeff oliver
I'm loving Studio One so far. Just seems to work. No issues yet. The recording modes took a minute to figure out but I'm good now. I'm using the external screen to view my meters during tracking. Like the fact that you can record arm or off a track at any time. Good luck to you all in whatever DAW you decide on.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account