2014/03/15 09:30:33
blakejohn
Hello, Was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. Im trying to rout the midi signal from T Force Alpha Plus VSTI in to the Blue Arp 6. I have enabled midi out when inserting T Force Alpha Plus and also experimented with having the input echo set to on, threw and of. Dos anyone have any experience with this and know how to correctly set up this routing? I am using Sonar 8.5 producer.

Thanks, Blake
2014/03/17 20:03:33
Paul P
blakejohn
Hello, Was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. Im trying to rout the midi signal from T Force Alpha Plus VSTI in to the Blue Arp 6. I have enabled midi out when inserting T Force Alpha Plus and also experimented with having the input echo set to on, threw and of. Dos anyone have any experience with this and know how to correctly set up this routing? I am using Sonar 8.5 producer.

There are a lot of people more knowledgeable than me around here, but I believe you can't do what you want in Sonar 8.5.  You may be able to using the lastest patch of Sonar X3, as some work was finally done in this area.

2014/03/17 21:30:59
RobertB
Paul may be right, but I seem to recall doing something similar to what you are trying to do in Sonar Home Studio 6.
From what I can see, Blue Arp builds MIDI arp patterns around the notes in your MIDI source track.
It is manipulating the MIDI data being sent to the synth that produces sound, so it needs to go before Alpha Plus.
In the Plug-In Manager, enable Blue Arp as a synth, and enable MIDI Out.
Your routing should be:
Input device>MIDI Source Track>Blue Arp>Alpha Plus.
I don't have either of your programs, but that should get you moving in the right direction.
2014/03/18 08:20:52
blakejohn
Thanks Paul and Shimozu-Kushiari, I plan to update to X3 ASAP. I will try the Input device>MIDI Source Track>Blue Arp>Alpha Plus rout for future projects. I used a ok preset for now, but will replace it if I can be bothered later. Thanks both for you time and good advice. Blakey    
2014/03/18 21:52:55
Paul P
blakejohn
Thanks Paul and Shimozu-Kushiari, I plan to update to X3 ASAP. I will try the Input device>MIDI Source Track>Blue Arp>Alpha Plus rout for future projects. I used a ok preset for now, but will replace it if I can be bothered later. Thanks both for you time and good advice. Blakey    

If you encounter any problems, reading posts about "Midi out" may be of help.  I've skimmed a lot of posts on the subject but I don't know if they apply to your situation or not.

Copy the following line (with the quotes) into google and you'll get a bunch of threads on the subject :

"midi out" site:forum.cakewalk.com
2014/03/19 05:49:44
blakejohn
Thanks, I also found this and think this might work. Will also try Bobs way too. Im also Installing Music Creator Six today too just out of interest before getting X3. IF anyone has any interesting projects they need any input on, let me know .  I am based in Finland and making Melodic  House Music. Blakey

To Hear a Soft Synth’s MIDI Output Through Another Track
On a new MIDI track in your project, set the Input to the synth whose MIDI output you wish to hear.

Play some MIDI data through the synth whose MIDI Output has been enabled.

The MIDI data sent from that synth will be echoed through the Output of the new MIDI track.
2014/03/19 05:51:39
blakejohn

The MIDI data sent from that synth will be echoed through the Output of the new MIDI track.
2014/03/19 15:32:42
57Gregy
If nothing else works, you may be able to Process>Apply Effects to the MIDI track, then output the processed MIDI track to your synth of choice.
I've done that with other arps.
2014/03/20 02:48:58
blakejohn
Thanks Greg, that sounds like a nifty one, I will try it out.

I just got Music Creator six! I am so, so impressed with It for about 20e from Cakewalk!  

One thing I am trying to work out is how to save Audio files in template? Never worked that one out... :(
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account