• Features & Ideas
  • "Valid through" date is confusing for Australian users of Sonar (p.2)
2015/07/02 04:53:23
promidi
azslow3
It does not look so. And I think I have found the reason in 15 minutes. But I hope you, as Director of Development, can find it as well...

Is it something an end user can do (other than changing displayed date format in Control Panel) or does it involve a code change done by the Cakewalk devs?
2015/07/02 07:44:13
azslow3
promidi
azslow3
It does not look so. And I think I have found the reason in 15 minutes. But I hope you, as Director of Development, can find it as well...

Is it something an end user can do (other than changing displayed date format in Control Panel) or does it involve a code change done by the Cakewalk devs?

There is a workaround. Keith was confident that is an operator failure... I find the attitude of the replay is not acceptable, even in case that is an operator failure (and I do not want to use the word which really describe that reply since that is not an operator failure).

In the regional settings, change region to US. Apply. Change the short date format. Apply. Change the region back to the system one.

2015/07/02 08:18:41
Keith Albright [Cakewalk]
azslow3
promidi
azslow3

There is a workaround. Keith was confident that is an operator failure... I find the attitude of the replay is not acceptable, even in case that is an operator failure (and I do not want to use the word which really describe that reply since that is not an operator failure).

In the regional settings, change region to US. Apply. Change the short date format. Apply. Change the region back to the system one.

Ok, there's an issue here in spite of using time/date apis that claim to be respecting the user's locale.  We'll look into the matter.  

Keith

2015/07/02 08:57:07
Reworked that with a different set of routines and fixed for the next update.  Sorry about that.

2015/07/02 10:46:16
azslow3
Reworked that with a different set of routines and fixed for the next update.  Sorry about that.

Accepted.

Just be careful next time... (Long time ago) One of my colleagues has lost his job for near the same statement to our client, while technically speaking he was right.

2015/07/03 01:48:28
mudgel
Yep Sonar is the only major program I have that doesn't respect Locale setting in Windows.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account