2015/07/03 07:38:54
BombayCharlie
Hey all, maybe I'm missing something, but when I open Sonar without turning on my Motif ES6 first, Sonar doesn't see the midi device. It will tell me that it is not available. Got it. Is there a re-scan for midi devices option like there is to find VSTs and plug-ins? If not, I would love to have that. The only way I get Sonar to see my midi device (if I don't turn it on first) is to re-boot Sonar. 

I must be missing something?

2015/07/03 10:24:27
mettelus
MIDI devices come online to Windows (who needs to see them first), and then they get recognized by SONAR. AFAIK, this is already automatic, but can/will take several seconds to occur. SONAR has always given me a pop up saying "New device detected, would you like to use it now?" Try opening SONAR, then powering on a controller and see how long this takes to occur for you.

The counterpoint is I cannot recall now if this alters previously used assignments for that controller (if multiple ins/outs), meaning if the controller comes online in this method if the controller has to then be enabled in preferences.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account