• Software
  • Curious....are you guys that are choosing Studio One over Cubase.... (p.2)
2017/11/28 19:29:24
ArcRex
I went with Studio one. I have become ARA dependent in Sonar. So, Studio One seemed the easier fit. cubase came in second, though I never really gave mixcraft or anyone else a chance.
2017/11/28 19:32:58
dwardzala
For me it was ARA, the fact that a number of mixers I follow on YouTube use it and price.
2017/11/28 19:36:51
Ken Matson
No ..... I make my living with this stuff - so that would not be a factor for me ...
2017/11/28 19:42:23
Larry Jones
dannyjmusic
thanks...I'm leaning toward Cubase because of having to write to picture, and it seems a little better in handling video
I like the new sampler track too. But I hate the Ilicense USB thingy!

You might want to take a look at Mixcraft. I have not tested this feature, but it has integrated video editing, which I assume means you can display your video and have a multitrack audio recorder running on the same screen. It's affordable, too.
2017/11/28 19:44:50
bitflipper
Price should not enter into it. And I say that as a poor person.

Did you decide to marry your wife because she paid for dinner on your first date? Granted, that would have been a point in her favor. But hardly grounds for entering into a long-term relationship.

I think a lot of people are making rushed decisions at the moment, afraid of missing the boat if they don't immediately jump on crossgrade and Black Friday pricing. There really is no hurry. Deals will always be coming back around over the coming year.
2017/11/28 19:50:21
dubdisciple
I chose S1 about 9 months to some degree out of attrition. It fit what i needed to do.  I needed a DAW that had a free version so that students could use and possibly purchase lowere cost version. Pro Tools free version is awful.  Tracktion was too odd to risk alientating kids with.   Price was a factor too.  Cubase is expensive, but most of them are at full price.  I simply never have been able to feel comfortable in Cubase.  Even if price were no object, I might still go with S1 since workflow fits nicely with what i do.  
2017/11/28 19:53:54
JonD
bitflipper

Did you decide to marry your wife because she paid for dinner on your first date?

As a matter of fact, yes.  And I've been paying for it ever since.
2017/11/28 19:55:15
35mm
It's worth watching the Migrating to Cubase hangout video if you have any doubts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKdr7YZCcgw
2017/11/28 19:57:34
denverdrummer
I've had S1 pro since ver 1. I actually won a copy at a PreSonus demonstration back in 2009, and have kept it upgraded.  For years I used it for cross Mac/PC compatibility with the house of worship stuff I do where both churches I worked with were all Mac shops.  But my main work was always on Sonar.

I have gone to Cubase, Studio One is very flashy, has some good workflow, but every time I use it I feel like I run into a brick wall.  As discussed on other threads, the sound in Studio One sounds very processed and digital.  It's like listing to a Line 6 spider amp (no offense to the Line-6 fans).  The stock plugins have a nice look as far as the UI, but the sound is so lacking.  The Sonitus stuff just blows it all away.

Cubase is a mature professional product and when I saw the price point I jumped on it.  Yes the UI is a little clunky and it feels like working with Office 2003, with all the top menu navigation.  However the channel strip in Cubase feels a lot like working with pro channel and it sound great.

Workflow Studio One definitely has an edge, but it's so far behind what Sonar had.  The lack of track templates alone slows down the work flow, and the drag and drop stuff is nice, but having a dedicated channel strip there and ready to use is invaluable.  The "channel strip" in S1 is very limited and is not on the channel by default like Sonar and Cubase, you have to insert it into the FX bin, it also sounds very digitized.

I will continue to use S1 for certain projects and collaborations but Cubase will be my main DAW.

2017/11/28 20:06:43
azslow3
bitflipper
Did you decide to marry your wife because she paid for dinner on your first date? Granted, that would have been a point in her favor. But hardly grounds for entering into a long-term relationship.

Current wife is filing for divorce, and some people can not imagine themselves without a woman 

But the reality is that people tend to make the same mistakes again and again.
On-line authorization, forced included content, limited support for control surfaces. Doesn't that sound familiar?

Without me. And looking around, I do not see many choices. Fortunately, there is one...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account