• Software
  • Nomad/Blue Tubes Plugins (p.3)
2017/12/03 05:15:43
Kamikaze
abacab
Kamikaze

I've seen a few posters want the Lounge Session, Re-Matrix Solo, and the Breverb Solo. Seems these LE versions are far from useless.

Haven't heard about anything yet from AAS regarding unlocking the Cakewalk versions of their plugins, such as Lounge Lizard Session.

But Overloud is working overtime to release a VST port of their Cakewalk Pro Channel Re-Matrix plugin.
http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3700686

Yeah, I've been spreading that news too. I was just commenting LE style plugs not being useless
2017/12/03 06:36:22
DrLumen
Kamikaze
abacab
Kamikaze

I've seen a few posters want the Lounge Session, Re-Matrix Solo, and the Breverb Solo. Seems these LE versions are far from useless.

Haven't heard about anything yet from AAS regarding unlocking the Cakewalk versions of their plugins, such as Lounge Lizard Session.

But Overloud is working overtime to release a VST port of their Cakewalk Pro Channel Re-Matrix plugin.

Yeah, I've been spreading that news too. I was just commenting LE style plugs not being useless

Well there are always exceptions. But, IMO, most LE versions of software is not much more than demos. If you don't mind using stripped demos then fine for you. I hate when I keep running into stops, ads or begs when trying to use them. Luckily, that was not the case with most CW stuff. It has raised it's head now trying to use them elsewhere.
2017/12/03 13:44:39
abacab
I wouldn't actually refer to most of the 3rd party plugs as LE, because they are full featured and functional.  They are only limited in that they are locked to Sonar.  Most of them were also sold by the original vendor in unlocked bundles that we could upgrade to, if we desired to use them elsewhere.

Not a bad deal overall because we essentially got them included for free when we bought Sonar.  It probably saved us hundreds, which is important if you are just starting out and need some plugins.  The vendor also got a deal because they got product distributed to more users to expand their customer base.  Win/win deal if you ask me. 
2017/12/03 14:52:39
abacab
I went back and listened to all of the Sonar bundled Blue Tube plugins.  I think I already have EQ, reverb, and compression covered well by other plugins in my stable.

The Nomad plugin that still seems of interest to me is Blue Tubes Analog Trackbox, on sale for $25 at DontCrack.  http://store.dontcrack.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=39&products_id=219

the latest addition to the Blue Tubes Plug-ins range, and combines all the best elements of the Tube Emulator, CP2S compressor and PEQ332 parametric equaliser to create a truly flexible and spectacular sounding valve front end for any audio system.

2017/12/03 18:15:32
anydmusic
abacab
Kamikaze

AAS came back to me with an offer that let me get Lounge Lizard EP-4 for 50% off the sale price.

This made good sense for me as I have been meaning to get the full version for some time but kept making do with the version that we had. 

2017/12/03 21:41:29
cityrat
DrLumen
I saw a deal here somewhere linking to a site called dontcrack.com for nomad plugins. Can anyone confirm if this is a legit site and not some warez site?

http://store.dontcrack.co...amp;page=1&sort=5d

YES  - exactly same place I bought mine.
2017/12/04 05:43:55
DrLumen
Is Lounge Lizard in Sonar locked?
2017/12/04 09:28:20
Kamikaze
Yes, but if you look in your Korg NanoKontrol paperwork, you may find a slip with codes to register another copy (alng with reason and some other LE stuff)
2017/12/13 15:48:57
almeister
I bought the $99 dollar Integral Studio Pack III and am pleased with it. It all works now with Studio One plus I have more option to use in Sonar too. I lot of very useful plugins. I'm not gonna complain about anything. I did have to delete the Cakewalk path in Studio One and Mixcraft and then re-add it below the full version path to get it all to work. The original Blue Tube (Cakewalk locked) files were keeping the new ones from loading. 
2017/12/13 19:31:19
dubdisciple
I'm sure the versions being locked resulted in huge licensing discounts to cakewalk. The benefit for third parties is that the locked versions gets people on upgrade path. Not their fault. What Overloud and AAS did was awesome but can't be mad at those who don't follow suit. They fulfilled their end of licensing deal.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account