• Software
  • Samplitude: a first look (p.2)
2017/12/09 06:59:26
rsinger
35mm
No track templates/presets at this point.

You can save plugin configuration and I think I read that saves track settings as well. I set up a default channel strip for tracks and the master buss that's close to what I normally use in ProChannnel.
2017/12/09 16:25:47
DaGeek
35mm
DaGeek
Geoffrey
10)  I exported a project from sonar in OMF and imported into samp like a dream.  Keeps the markers, even, although they are renamed.  The whole process took like a minute.  

Tried this with the demo and works great! What a time saver. Export the OMF from Sonar and you can just drag and drop the file in to a new Samplitude Project and it does all the work for you. No need to import via the menus.
Thanks!!!

This sounds great. Can you please tell me what preparation is required and what gets transferred and what doesn't?

No preparation - just open a blank project and drag the file to it. scook's post has details on what is exported in the OMF.
2017/12/09 16:47:35
jude77
This is a great overview.  I (shamefully) admit I diss'ed Samplitude straight from the start.  I'll go back and take another look.

Thanks.
2017/12/09 19:17:26
toonertik
There is a sort of track_template feature>> it's called "save Track_Effect_Settings" and can be found in Main_Menu>Track>Track_Effect_Settings... or right click a track>>Save_Track_Settings )))) Also has option to save VSTi or not if track has VSTi... It's not as extensive as Reaper_Track_Templates which can save items/clips/objects and envelopes.. but it is there...
I had not used Sam for years (it was my first audio app in 1997... and has grow just a little ;)))
This offer was a no_brainer under the circumstances.
and it is deep... well worth some investigation time as a possible replacement... 
It is always sad when a major player leaves the field.. but the game continues )))))
2017/12/09 19:44:16
Geoffrey
Yes, I am gobsmacked by samplitude.  It is NOT as complicated to get going as its reputation suggests.  No way.  In some ways simpler GUI than cakewalk.

Another useful note: Samplitude has only one user vst directory.  In order to import all your vsts and vsti's, you enter a directory, click OK, and it imports.  Then open the dialogue again (p, then go to vsti/rewire), enter the next vst directory, repeat and rinse.  It remembers permanently everything.

When I exported/imported an OMF, I hadn't done any mixing yet, so there were no plugins.  Not sure whether it handles all of that.
   I will try to look into organizing the plugins.  That is clearly a useful feature that I would miss if not possible in samp.
2017/12/10 10:43:21
mkerl
I installed the demo and it killed my ASIO-Drivers (Quadcap) and replaces them with own driver. No Sound with Sonar or Studio One. So, it seems, this one is not for me. Terminated immediately.
2017/12/10 13:36:26
toonertik
Are you really sure it "Killed" your ASIO_Driver (Quadcap)... I have Sam_Pro_X_Silver and Sam_Pro_X3 installed... for sure they include their own Magix_Low_latency drivers... one from 2011 and other 2016.. I also have EMU_ASIO and ASIO_4_all drivers installed>>
I also have Reaper and Sonar_Home.. and Live 9-5 and other wave editors... oh and Project5.2 (32 bit from 2007)...all works fine...
Maybe you just need to check in Sonar and Studio_One to re-assign the correct Quadcap driver...
Samplitude has been doing DAWs for a long long time (DOS days)... I really don't think they would have killed your ASIO
2017/12/10 21:29:06
mkerl
No, doesn't really kill, but replaces the drivers

toonertik
Are you really sure it "Killed" your ASIO_Driver (Quadcap)... 
Maybe you just need to check in Sonar and Studio_One to re-assign the correct Quadcap driver...
Samplitude has been doing DAWs for a long long time (DOS days)... I really don't think they would have killed your ASIO

I tried to re-assign in Sonar. Doesn't work. I don't know. Whatever  is the reason behind (my System, Quad-Cap, other Software, Chipset on mainboard, other drivers, Windows Registration . .. . . ),  I take it as it is. 

Thanks

Cheers
2017/12/10 23:03:07
35mm
The drivers don't just get installed and take everything over like a virus. The software defaults to a best-fit driver. My guess is that you never actually set the driver up in Sonar. It just found the driver and you left it at that. You can easily change it back just by removing the ins and outs then reassigning the driver you want.
2017/12/10 23:53:27
mkerl
35mm
 My guess is that you never actually set the driver up in Sonar. It just found the driver and you left it at that. You can easily change it back just by removing the ins and outs then reassigning the driver you want.

You mean, Sonar just found the driver and I left it at that, just helpless crying for nothing? That's a joke, isn't it?

The point is, I Can not easily change it back. Unselecting the matrix driver. Ok. But I still can't select my Quad-Drivers, they are greyed out. I have explained that in the other Thread (Samplitude - my experience so far) to you  (?????) . . . However, I left that behind, whatever i did or not did or what your guess is, I expect modern software to fit in a system like other competitors do. Quadcapture is a reliable interface, my System is running without any issues, I simply don't want to waste my time anymore with driver issues just to run a f**king demo. When all other software and demos are working smoothly. No, thank you.

good luck to you
sincerely

mkerl 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account