2011/03/26 11:14:15
jlewis67
I have not been able to run Triangle II on win7x64 with Sonar X1 Producer. I also have not found the specs for Triangle II and so am not sure if it will run on this system. I was able to run Triangle II on XP with an older version of Sonar.

I did try installing and running as an administrator but to no avail.

Has anyone else been able to run Triangle II on win7 and if so which bit depth?
2011/03/27 23:54:56
mumpcake
Are you using the VSTi or DXi version?  32 bit DXi's don't work with the 64 bit driver, at least not with a wrapper.
2011/03/28 18:37:30
thomasabarnes
You should be able to use the VSTi version of Triangle II.

What you have to do is run SONAR as an administrator. It's more convenient to setup SONAR to run as an administrator by rightclicking the X1 icon on the desktop, selecting Properties, clicking on the Advanced button (near the bottom), and clicking in the box next to "Run as administrator" to place a check mark in the box, click apply and OK.

Try that and see how it goes for you?
2012/08/07 02:47:48
Truckermusic
I finally got it to work using J-Bridge... Clifford
2012/08/07 10:18:28
myconsumerclub
I had a problem getting proteus vx to run in sonar but I rewired reaper inside sonar and then opened it in reaper and got it to work that way. So now I am wondering if its bridging is better for dong what J bridge and bit bridge does? Hopefully they improve this in x2. I'd love to use proteus inside sonar it has a lot of powerful sounds.
2013/01/12 13:05:52
gaagii
Clifford - I also saw your other response to a different forum on this. I am also trying to get Triangle II working so I can follow along with Simon Cann's book (although I am using Sonar X2).

What is J-Bridge? $20 seems steep to fix a bug (although in for a penny in for a pound).

Have you found the book useful - it seems like it will be pretty cool.

Thanks,
- Matt

2013/01/12 13:38:44
gaagii
Played around and answered my own question.

The installer, installs the dlls (I understand these are the VSTs). Directly under Program Files (x86) if you don't change the install location (I assumed it would put these in the "rgcaudio Triangle II" folder it already placed there - but it did not.
Either way, the better place for these files is - C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Vstplugins\TriangleII
I created this folder and placed these files in it:
T2DXi.dll
Triangle II.dll
Triangle II.exe

There was already a beatscape folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Vstplugins\Beatscape

Still not quite there:
In Sonar (this is Sonar X2, btw but X1 seems similar).
Under "Edit" menu select "Preferences"
"File" "VST Settings"
"VST Scan Folders" "Add"
And add the folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Vstplugins
The 64 bit folder:
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins was already there - don't remove this one.

When I exited and restarted cakewalk the TriangleII 32 bit showed up and worked (also beatscape showed up and worked).
Triangle II without the 32 bit indicator - is still there and still doesn't work.

Thanks,
- Matt
2013/01/15 10:55:16
Truckermusic
gaagii

Clifford - I also saw your other response to a different forum on this. I am also trying to get Triangle II working so I can follow along with Simon Cann's book (although I am using Sonar X2).

What is J-Bridge? $20 seems steep to fix a bug (although in for a penny in for a pound).

Have you found the book useful - it seems like it will be pretty cool.

Thanks,
- Matt

Matt
Yes I have found that book to be very good. Simon also has several small e-books as well as free downloadable PDF instructional tutorials which are also very good. I find my self going back to these all the time to re-read and re-learn cause I am a simple guitar player trying to make it in a synthesizer type of world!

And that is exactly why I needed to get Triangle to work.

However, J-bridge is not a bug fix per se.....Ok, well maybe it is......but for $20 I am finding I am not really put out....especially when I can get other programs to work so much more effeciently........ I think of them (bitbridge and J-bridge) as the difference between Rapture and Dim Pro.....

Oh well, like I said ....simple....

Cclifford
2014/02/16 16:21:49
paulstapp
It appears that Triangle II needs to be run as a stand alone. I am trying to get it to run within Sonar X3 Producer. No luck. I works great as a stand alone. 

any more help here I am.

Paul S
2014/02/16 16:28:33
scook
I just copied the entire directory created by the T2111.exe installer into the Vstplugins directory. 64bit SONAR X3d Producer, run as administrator, loaded and ran the VST just fine in BitBridge.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account