• Cakewalk Instruments
  • Beatscape not recognized after full installation Sonar X1 Producer - Windows 8
2014/02/10 18:37:26
t.tomaszn.nowak@gmail.com
Hi, 

Last time I started to use Windows 8. The problem is that I installed my Sonar X1 Producer with all components but Beatscape is not recognized by Sonar. The process of installation was ok but beatscape icon on desktop wasn't created like it had been before when I used it on Windows 7. Are there any problems between Cakewalk instruments like Beatscape and Windows 8?
2014/02/10 18:46:11
scook
Check the VST scan path if running 64bit SONAR. IIRC, the Beatscape dll installs in "C:\Program Files(x86)\Cakewalk\Vstplugins" which is not included by default in a 64bit installation. I believe I copied the dll into "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins\Beatscape" by hand to avoid adding the 32bit path.
2014/02/10 20:22:16
t.tomaszn.nowak@gmail.com
Ok I have it already. It has to be added in Preferences/File/VST settings. The folder with Beatscape: Program files (x86)/Cakewalk/VSTplugins/Beatscape has to be found by clicking add in "VST scan folder(s)" menu. Now everything is recognized. I don't understand why it is not added automatically, like it was in Windows 7(as well 64 bit version).
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account