2014/02/17 11:41:00
laz
has anybody  pulled up one of the softsynth instruments that came with x1  say the s1 bass  and assign it to a midi track and then stop working ? I don't know if my operating system wont support it or not. im running windows 8 with 64 bit. I cant seem to find anything on it here.   thanks
2014/02/17 12:13:09
scook
With the scant information given, there is no reason SI Bass would not work. Is this a new PC with a fresh install of X1?

2014/02/17 17:32:24
laz
well, heres my problem. I pulled up a midi file. loaded s1 bass, s1 keybords and s1 drums. they all worked fine for a while. then the bass and keys quit working . the drums still working. ive had this happen on other occasions. I would just start a new project and dump the info in there and it would work. not this time. so the drums are working so I assign it to the bass track and now the drums don't work. like I said im running windows 8 64 bit. echo audiofire 8 . ive had the virtual insts. working many times without issues. I cant even get a few simple questions answered because there is no longer support for x1. all I want to know is if these plugins don't work with windows 8 64 bit. or what. sorry I seem ticked off , its just that I have supported cakewalk for many years and this sort of bug took away my creative mojo this morning.
2014/02/17 19:43:10
scook
Not running Win8 or the X1 SI binaries I cannot say for sure. The SI binaries have been updated since X1d. All of the SI plug-ins are at version 1.0.0.70 last modified 6/26/2012.

Is there any chance the MIDI files have data in them which turn the synths off? The event list may be useful to verify the tracks only contain data appropriate for the synths.

2014/02/17 21:12:46
laz
I checked my event list right away and there was nothing but note data.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account