• Features & Ideas
  • Markers on Clips like we have for the Timeline. Markers on tracks would be nice too.
2015/06/21 11:47:43
Beepster
I could have sworn I posted a FR about this already and wanted to bump it but Google brought up nothing (so merge if this request already exists).

It would be ENORMOUSLY useful to me to be able to put markers directly onto clips like we can on the project timeline. I want to be able to mark off good and bad and whatever spots of takes directly on the clips. Currently I have to use the Take Lane notes to type up bizarro timecode based notes of what happens where. It would be way easier if I could just have a little notch indicating an event with maybe a tooltip popup note option (so as not to create clutter but the way the Timeline Markers work would be fine as well).

Having a hideable Markers line (that could have a little timeline of its own) for tracks would be cool too. Obviously projects can get complex and only having ONE place to put markers for the whole thing is... well not as descriptive as I'd like.

kthx

;-)
2015/06/21 19:20:22
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
Have asked for clip markers that follow color of clip.

The X series does have space at the top of the "track" to display such information.

And the ability to convert clip to track markers for copying and export/import.

Marker export?  Like Whoa!  

Like as part of 'track folders with data.'

2015/06/21 19:29:36
Grem
Or at least beeps, an option to change which markers show on the timeline.

IOW, something like Regular/Standard would be like it is now. Option B,C,D would allow you to put totally different set of markers independent of current/other markers.
2015/06/22 04:44:14
lfm
Maybe a general solution like Cubase has but extended and improved a bit - typical Sonar iow.
There are Ruler tracks, that you can insert, that can have any format spec like main ruler can, and positioned anywhere between other tracks. No limit on number of Ruler tracks.

And if Sonar considered this also holding own set of markers - it could do the very job as OP wishes and much more.
2015/06/22 09:40:59
Beepster
Grem
Or at least beeps, an option to change which markers show on the timeline.

IOW, something like Regular/Standard would be like it is now. Option B,C,D would allow you to put totally different set of markers independent of current/other markers.

This is something I would really like too and have thought about it often. However that wouldn't do what I personally need it to. The way I work is once I get a part down I record a mountain of takes. Then I go back and listen to each one one at a time rating them via the Take Lanes Notes section. I do this in a couple passes. First listen to sort out the real garbage. Then I go through again to decide which takes may be finals and make notes on minor errors (like muffled/missed notes and rate sections of the takes based on quality).

It's that last part where having markers right on the clips would be extremely helpful. If I hear something wonky instead of typing up "55-62: Bad" or "121: Flub" I could just put a marker there indicating an issue that needs to be comped out. Due to the nature of the Notes bubble too once those notes start getting too elaborate they no longer fit (and the text editing in the bubbles is brutal which I know I made an FR about a while ago).

Having the markers right on the clips as opposed to fixed to the track/project timeline would also serve a lot of other uses too like when moving clips around. The markers stay with the actual audio no matter where you put it and could be used for lining things up easier.

Anyway... you can tell I've thought a lot about this. Heh... little obsessed I guess.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account