2015/06/22 11:17:03
CedricM
Nowadays, we have so many sounds at our disposal from virtual synths as well as samples that the problem is to find them and not waste hours in the process.

When you are looking for a sound, you generally do not care if it's in a vsynth, and in which vsynth or if it is a sample, and in which sample library: you just need the sound because it is the right one for your project.

Omnisphere 2 for example has greatly improved its patch browser in comparison to V1, and you can search by category, type, genre, complexity. There is also a soundmatch feature which is such a boon. You can also lock an aspect of the sound such as the arpegiattor pattern, then the results will be filtered to patches that use the locked arpegiattor pattern.

Cakewalk could use some of these ideas, or similar ones, to create a universal search database.
e.g. I could look for a rythmic arpegiattor pad and Cakewalk would give me a list of all results from different sources (Rapture, Dimension Pro, samples, ...)

Longer term, this would be a great idea for an industrywide search API standard where all vsynths and library could be queried in the same way.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account