2015/06/22 17:54:02
vanceen
Here's an anecdote with an idea attached.

I love Rapture Pro, especially that it has all the legacy Dimension Pro and Rapture patches. Cakewalk did a great job of designing its installation so that it automatically picked up user patches, etc. When it was released, I installed it eagerly and took pleasure in removing old DP and Rapture.

Now, I usually freeze everything, so the change didn't affect me much. But my son, who uses my system, has projects with ten or more instances of DP and/or Rapture. He pulled up a project of his, and wow, everything is missing.

So, the solutions are either to replace all those instances with Rapture Pro, guess at what patch was used, and call up the patch from Rapture Pro (quite a lot of work) OR re-install DP and Rapture (a significant duplication of multisample storage space).

Wouldn't it be great if you could run a utility that detected DP or Rapture in a project and authomatically replaced it with Rapture Pro, using the same patch? 
2015/06/23 08:20:41
Kylotan
I had a lot of similar problems when I upgraded and replaced Dimension LE with Dimension Pro.

I'd like to see functionality that allows me to replace a missing plugin with a new plugin but keep whatever preset was assigned. Obviously not all presets will be compatible between 2 versions but it can make a best-guess effort.
2015/06/23 09:40:33
bapu
In the OP's case, it's his son that is the problem.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account