• Software
  • Selecting the best midi drum loops (p.2)
2017/03/17 13:42:11
pentimentosound
Thanks Mesh. I saw it for $39 last night at B&H, but I 'll shop a tad just to check for even lower.
I watched a few of the video tuts and think I'll have to try this out.
Michael
2017/03/17 13:42:48
Michael A.D.
Starise

I'm wondering if there are other options. maybe I could buy some loops from somewhere else and map them to AD2.

Actually it's sometimes easier to map the AD2 drums to the midi file as most of them are in the GM format.  Just look in AD2 and there is a  mapping function that allows you to choose several formats including GM.

BTW, LoopLoft has a great selection of Midi drum loops that work great with AD2 - just map AD2 to GM and you are set!    They are having a sale this week and you can get the Midi bundle (with every one of their Midi drum loops) for $81.   And if you have ever shopped at LoopLoft you probably have a coupon that can give you even further discounts.    This is a great collection and the nice thing about Midi drums is you have great control over the track - much easier to manipulate than a WAV file.
2017/03/17 13:58:53
Slugbaby
AD is my go-to.
If I can't find the exact loop that I want, i'll get something close and shift the kick/snare hits to where I want them.

I also have Superior Drummer, which also has a lot of loops.  
And I made drum maps to translate SD and AD loops into each program so they can be interchangeable.

Between those two companies, their kit sounds and loops, I don't think I'll ever need anything else.
2017/03/17 13:59:36
pentimentosound
I have some LoopLoft midi stuff and Platinum Samples, but since I have BFD2, ECO, SD3 with 4 extra kits from PS, and Groove Agent 2 & 4 (on different PCs), the idea of getting to mix and match things really appeals to me. 
I have a bunch of LoopMasters, Loops for Acid, Discrete Drums etc, etc, lurking around, too!
   So, getting to access, organize and coordinate them "all" (how many ever will work with EZPPro), sounds very compelling.
Michael
2017/03/17 15:38:20
Magic Russ
You might also want to try a solution that generates MIDI.  Rayzoon's Jamstix is the best known, there is also one from Melda.

In the case of Jamstix, you can either record the generated MIDI patterns to a track or you can direct the MIDI output to another virtual instrument such as Addictive Drums, BFD, EZ Drummer, Kontakt, or even Session Drummer.
2017/03/17 15:57:28
Mesh
Magic Russ
You might also want to try a solution that generates MIDI.  Rayzoon's Jamstix is the best known, there is also one from Melda.

In the case of Jamstix, you can either record the generated MIDI patterns to a track or you can direct the MIDI output to another virtual instrument such as Addictive Drums, BFD, EZ Drummer, Kontakt, or even Session Drummer.

I forgot about Jamstix (which I also have).......although it seems very useful and has a LOT of capabilities, I just never could wrap my head around it. He does have some tutorials as well.
2017/03/17 16:07:40
pentimentosound
Thanks for the reminder about Jamstix. I'd checked into it a little and then forgot all about it. I'll check again....

Michael
2017/03/17 18:25:06
BassDaddy
Mesh
Starise
Wow! Thanks guys . I want to give you all a great big hug ! ...OK no hugs, how about a big handshake and a pat on the back? Come on over. I'll buy the drinks.

I'm looking into this. COOL!

THANKS!

Whooaaaaahh there big boy..........EZ with the huggy stuff!!

@Michael: Sweetwater has it for $39.....not sure if it might be cheaper elsewhere.

Mesh and I are only willing to go bro-hug.
2017/03/17 18:33:53
Mesh
BassDaddy
Mesh
Starise
Wow! Thanks guys . I want to give you all a great big hug ! ...OK no hugs, how about a big handshake and a pat on the back? Come on over. I'll buy the drinks.

I'm looking into this. COOL!

THANKS!

Whooaaaaahh there big boy..........EZ with the huggy stuff!!

@Michael: Sweetwater has it for $39.....not sure if it might be cheaper elsewhere.

Mesh and I are only willing to go bro-hug.

2017/03/17 18:45:39
pentimentosound
I'll keep that in mind! LOL

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account