• Software
  • For Those of us Poor Lost CW Souls who in desperation considered PRO TOOLS for Salvation
2017/12/09 09:41:37
Frank Harvey
I don't know how many of you are familiar with comedy genius Bob Newhart's classic sketch 'STOP IT'  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw ...BUT it has definitely clicked with me on many 'Fronts' in life over the years.
For instance..........I should STOP listening to multimedia which says  'PRO TOOLS' is the best dang DAW to ever set foot on planet earth .....or words to that effect.
To that lie....I say...............STOP IT !!!
Can I say its 'Fake News' ..........( is that permissible OR  is Fake News a bit tired now?)
However,
Simply Put & Bottom line.................if you have PRO TOOLS as a consideration ........... "STOP IT" !!!
I don't care what you say.............Just "STOP IT"!
Random Comment:
"But everyone is using it"......................."STOP IT" !!
Random Comment:
"But 'ALL' Commercial Studios use PRO TOOLS".............."--  So What ! ---" ..........."STOP IT" !!
Random Comment:
" PRO TOOLS Midi is now catching up with the likes of SONAR & CUBASE " .--- PT will never match these two ----.......trust me..........Just "STOP IT" !!
Random Comment:
I paid a fortune for my PT Licence and Pro Tools ( God Bless Em ) makes sure my investment isn't compromised by unscrupulous software pirates ...largely because of PT's requirement of strict Ilock dongle  licencing processes.
With the greatest of respect to our 'Have Nots '  ( ie: and I know many have nots and and have contributed often towards their well being ) ... We don't want 'Plebs' who cant afford Pro Tools to get their mittened hands on it.

and So SONAR FANS ................ My Best advice.............keep Clear of this program.
Pro Tools is So Self Infatuated with its own brilliance that it has lost the plot !!
Lastly,
I Must admit I signed up to a PT's subscription ( Mea Culpa).
I regret this deeply.
I was insane / uninformed  at the time.
Don't follow  me !!!

2017/12/09 10:39:11
Geo524
I always hated PT and their business model both with digidesign and avid. I've tried many DAWS but never gave PT a thought. Sonar was and will always be my favorite!
2017/12/09 10:39:14
kenny@vhprecords.com
Sorry you need to give a bit more information than that. I can't see anything wrong with Protools and so far it's been pretty solid and easy to learn.
2017/12/09 14:22:59
bitman
Don't take the mark!
2017/12/09 14:23:52
kevmsmith81
£500ish for Protools or £20 per month.  I assume you have to keep paying if you don't want to lose it, even if you've completed the 12 months. 
2017/12/09 19:28:05
outland144k
Frank Harvey
Lastly,
I Must admit I signed up to a PT's subscription ( Mea Culpa).
I regret this deeply.
I was insane / uninformed  at the time.
Don't follow  me !!!

Well, as they say on TV, the mere fact that you realize you need help indicates that you are not too far gone.

And besides, it's Christmas. We can all forgive you at this time of year.
2017/12/10 18:11:41
mudgel
You can buy a perpetual licence or subscribe. You can stop at which ever version you want but it does cost more to buyback in if you don’t renew your licence every year.
2017/12/10 18:25:54
sharke
Forgetting about the price and their business model, Pro Tools is actually a very solid program with some good features and a nice feel to it. Wouldn't choose it over some other DAW's, but I think people go overboard in their opinion of it as junk. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account