• Software
  • Questions about Win 10 Compatibility
2017/12/09 21:05:19
jsg
Hi!
Does anyone know if Sound Forge 10 or 11 and CD Architect 5.2 are compatible with Win10?
If not, any replacement programs for professional use that you might recommend?

Also, if there is any news about Cakewalk being re-formed or purchased by another company, and with any luck Sonar continues to be developed, supported and sold, how would we know if this forum goes down?

Thanks!
Jerry
www.jerrygerber.com
2017/12/09 21:15:01
chuckebaby
Im using Soundfordge 10 and CD Architect on Windows 8.1
I know that's not Windows 10 but they do share some similarity's.
Hope this helps.
2017/12/09 21:27:09
scook
I regularly used SF10 in Win10. Now I have SF11 and have been using it for the last few days. I have CDA 5.2 installed and can tell you it loads up fine. I have not burned a CD in years though.
2017/12/09 21:51:39
mudgel
Hi Jerry, I’ve used SF11 since it came out under SonyCreative, but like scook, haven’t burned a CD in ages. I have however burned quite a few DVDs using DVD Architect 6 under Win 10x64 and it works as expected.
Hope that helps.
2017/12/09 21:55:13
Glyn Barnes
jsg

Also, if there is any news about Cakewalk being re-formed or purchased by another company, and with any luck Sonar continues to be developed, supported and sold, how would we know if this forum goes down?

KVR would be a good place to watch.

Also sign up here http://beyondcakewalk.com/forum/index.php
An alternative home for the community.
2017/12/09 21:58:28
mudgel
jsg

Thanks!
Jerry
www.jerrygerber.com

I haven’t read where anyone seriously thinks this is likely, although I think all of us would be overcome with joy to hear such great news. If it was to occur and the forum’s had gone down, I suspect there’d be a media announcement as there was when they closed it down. If the Cakewalk forum’s weren’t up any more and any of us had word I’d reckon CakewalkCommunity.com and BeyondCakewalk.com would make some sort of announcement.
jsghow would we know if this forum goes down?

Oh, I know . . .  The web browser would give a 404 error!   <G>

2017/12/10 01:18:51
djwayne
I'm running SF 11 on my Windows 10 computer- no problems to report.
2017/12/10 22:18:57
jsg
Thanks everyone for replying to my inquiry.
Jerry
www.jerrygerber.com

2017/12/10 22:30:55
abacab
I think if there was ever a chance to find a buyer, it was BEFORE making the announcement, and scattering the user base to the four corners.  That sort of guarantees a business write-off ...

I am hopeful the Cakewalk code can be salvaged and updated some day, but I am not putting that hope in my "Plan B".
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account