• Software
  • Melodyne [I have an upgrade question]
2017/12/11 14:32:06
synkrotron
Hi Peeps,

I'm not an avid user of Melodyne, but back when it was bundled with SONAR, I upgraded, shortly afterwards, to Editor.

Since then I have only used it a handful of times, mainly to get rid of unwanted string noise from guitar stuff (I sometimes catch an open string by mistake and I find that Melodyne has been helpful here).

Anyway, I received an email yesterday prompting me to consider upgrading from my current Editor version (2.X) to V4 Studio. Total upgrade cost = e149

So, really that is a two step upgrade, V2 to V4 and Editor to Studio.

I have just checked my Product Page over at Celemony and, for e99 I can upgrade to V4 Editor.

Questions are, then,

a) V2 to V4 - Is V4 working okay? Any known issues that would make me think, "I'll stick with V2." I must admit, I much prefer to be up to date with my software...

b) Editor to Studio - What does Studio have that Editor doesn't, and do I need it. Yeah, I know... Only I can answer that one, based on what I do, which is hardly anything at all. So I am thinking that Editor should be fine for my needs.

And there you have it, I have unwittingly answered my own questions... V4 Editor.

I'll still go ahead and post this, thought, just in case anyone feels that my reasoning is flawed.

cheers

andy
2017/12/11 14:49:39
S.L.I.P.
I have version 4 studio, and it has been very solid. I think the thing you might like that fits your work is the Sound Editor. 

Sound Editor– Change the timbre by adjusting the balance between partials

Another cool feature of Studio, is the ability to edit multiple tracks simultaneously.

Here is the comparison chart:

http://www.celemony.com/e...-and-technical-matters

2017/12/11 14:57:40
synkrotron
Thanks for you input here George, I never really thought of Melodyne as a "Sound Design" tool, but, yeah, sounds like you are right...

So, might well be V4 Studio then

cheers

andy
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account