2011/01/09 00:51:51
baudze
Has anyone run into this and (better still) have a solution? I bought a new DAW to upgrade my Sonar X1 installation (I have 8.5 running on an older machine with Dimension Pro 1.5 + Emu Packs running successfully.) However, I cannot get the Emu Expansion packs to show up in Dimension Pro on my Sonar X1 machine. I have even clicked on the "Program Browser" and hit F5 to refresh the patch list but that isn't helping. The Emu Pack samples are correctly installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples and C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs.

What gives? Anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks...
2011/01/09 08:44:44
techead
Dim Pro 32bit or 64bit?  In the registry, where does Dim Pro's "Multisamples Folder" key point?
2011/01/09 12:05:15
timswartz
Hi Baudze,

The programs location have changed between Dimension 1.2 and D-Pro 1.5. Please move your programs folder files to C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs. Then open the D-Pro browser and refresh - F5. If you do not see the ProgramData folder, select Tools, Folder Options, View - Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives.

Good Luck,

Tim
www.DigitalSoundFactory.com
2011/01/15 11:37:51
jackasspenguin
I tried exactly that but it didn't work for me. First I moved the contents of the Programs folder into  the other folder mentioned. I refreshed the browser, then the folders were there but when I tried to load the samples, it stated they weren't there.  Then, moved the multisamples folder over and it still wouldn't work!  I'm running a 64bit machine with the Dimension Pro 64bit that came with X1.  When I had XP 32bit and Sonar 8.5 I didn't have this problem.  Is it possible the expansion pack isn't 64bit compatible or something?

I need more luck ;)
2011/01/19 01:21:38
Kev999
After you get this sorted, it is worth making a backup copy of the Multisamples and Programs folders.  Then in future, if you need to migrate to another PC or reinstall everything on your existing one, you can copy these folders over and avoid the need to reinstall expansion packs.  This applies not just to Dimension Pro, but also to any other softsynths to which you have added to the original multisample or program content.
2011/01/19 12:37:57
timswartz

The Proteus Pack and all www.DigitalSoundFactory.com expansion packs are compatible with Win 7 64 bit.

If the Program Files are appearing in the browser, they are in the correct location -
C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs

Please be sure the Mulitsamples are in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples. Each expansion pack multisamples folder needs to reside here - ie - Digital Sound Factory Proteus 2000, Digital Sound Factory Mo' Phatt, etc.

Best Regards,
Tim
2011/01/19 13:27:04
jackasspenguin
OK, I've done all that. When I'm in the browser, I have the expansion packs where they are supposed to be! The multi-samples folder IS there!
Everything appears to be in order with the exception of when clicking on the sample to load it, It says it isn't there. It's says- solly cholly, we no worky for you.

Is it possible to uninstall DPro and reInstall it?  Then load the expansion pack with out issue. I mean the 1A update fixed all this right? I'm going to move on to other issues right now. Currently keeping the snap to grid button engaged is keeping me busy.
2011/02/28 21:21:30
Aldwyn
Any resolution to this?  I am having the exact same problem with Virtuoso 2000 and Proteus-PX7 on Dimension Pro 1.5 in X1a!

Thanks!
2011/03/01 18:01:08
Kev999
Check (in Windows Explorer) to see if the Proteus expansion packs' multisamples and programs are being installed to the wrong filepaths.  If so, move the files manually to the correct locations.

2011/03/01 22:14:18
timswartz
Aldwyn

Any resolution to this?  I am having the exact same problem with Virtuoso 2000 and Proteus-PX7 on Dimension Pro 1.5 in X1a!

Thanks!
File locations have changed with the new Dimension 1.5 update. If anyone would like us to send new installers, please send a PM along with a proof of purchase. All DSF installers have been recently upgraded to work correctly with Dimension 1.2/ 1.5 and all versions of Sonar.

Best Regards,
Tim
www.DigitalSoundFactory.com
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account