2011/03/02 21:03:35
Aldwyn
Tim, I have copied them per the FAQ/this thread, but still no avail.

Is a new installer still needed?

Thanks!

2011/03/03 17:54:38
timswartz

Windows XP customers updating from Dimension 1.2 to 1.5 -

Move files in the Program Folder -

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs\

to

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs\

The Multisamples Folder should remain in -

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\

Open Dimension and press F5 to refresh the list.

Best Regards,

Tim
www.DigitalSoundFactory.com
2011/03/03 17:56:39
Aldwyn
Tim, thanks a bunch for spending time with me on the phone this afternoon!  That's great customer service!

Problem solved using the "XP Customers" method posted above!
2011/03/03 18:07:24
Kev999
timswartz

Is there now an option to install the multisamples elsewhere?

I have my Dimension Pro and Rapture multisamples stored on a separate drive.  Almost all of the expansion packs that I have added (DSF ones inparticular) fail to take this into account and automatically install to the default folder.
2011/03/03 19:53:17
timswartz
Kev999

timswartz

Is there now an option to install the multisamples elsewhere?

I have my Dimension Pro and Rapture multisamples stored on a separate drive.  Almost all of the expansion packs that I have added (DSF ones inparticular) fail to take this into account and automatically install to the default folder.

32 bit Dimension/Rapture determines the Multisamples Folder location via the registry at:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Dimension Pro\Contents Folder. If you move Multisamples to another drive, you will need to set the correct path in the Contents Folder and copy your Mulitsamples files to that location.
Sorry the installers do not take this into consideration, but just getting things to work with all the variations of Dimension was a massive undertaking.

Best Regards,
Tim
www.DigitalSoundFactory.com

2012/08/05 12:54:25
myconsumerclub
manually installed them with help from this thread thanks. To add to this the programs are in the cakewalk file under C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs on my win 7 system
2014/01/07 08:35:22
DeZeA
Hello, I recently had this problem with Dimension Pro and the E-Mu Proteus pack on a which wouldn't show in the programs list. Also, hitting F5 didn't help as the DAW i am using had already that hotkey assigned. I finally found this solution that worked on my Windows 7 64 bit.
Here is what you must do if you have this problem:
1- enter the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs.
2- find a file called programs.lst which should be about ~1mb (depending on how many programs you have loaded)
3- delete it (this is only a cache file which holds the program paths so don't worry, it will be recreated)

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account