2013/12/17 17:29:05
MagicMike
Sonar X3c 64bit Win 7 - all good!

Right, Rapture 1.22. I have loaded 1 sawtooth waveform and there's nothing in the mod matrix. Only 1 element is loaded.

EG Status on CUT 1 is 'On' with sync set to 1, Vel-Tim 1.000 and Vel-Int 0.0 Depth 12000 (max). However, it's still responding to velocity!

I'm learning synthesis as I go so want to create a simple bass patch that doesn't respond to velocity - I'll use the filter CUTOFF knob to add the actual desired frequency.

When I play from my midi keyboard - gradually increasing the pressure makes the filter response brighter and also seems to lengthen the note.

What an I doing wrong?

Cheers,

Mike
2013/12/17 17:37:07
MagicMike
ah, worked it out! Edit segment time velocity tracking and the corresponding keyboard tracking had values in the EG window.

2013/12/17 19:58:21
b rock
I'm learning synthesis as I go so want to create a simple bass patch that doesn't respond to velocity

Something to consider:  In any Element's EG (one with a loaded waveform), the VelTrack parameter is always active.  That parameter is 'live' whether or not a particular EG's Status is set to On.

Pitch, Cutoffs, Resonances, and Pan default to 0.0.  The default value for the AMP EG is 90.0. Set the AMP EG VelTrack to 0.0 to remove velocity from the 'loudness' equation.

There are interesting programming techniques to be found by simply varying the default VelTrack values in any of the Modulators EGs.  Pan (at lower values) and Pitch (at extreme values) are immediately obvious to the ear.
2013/12/31 10:08:18
MagicMike
Thanks for the tips b rock!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account