2015/06/16 21:48:02
collinTHEbrewer
It would be helpful to include an option in the Drum Replacer tool that would allow users to select a default directory for their samples. While the default included samples are easy to get to, I like to keep my samples on a separate drive. So to get to my library of samples, I have to browse for them. It's a little time consuming, and I think it would be a big help.

The next one might be slightly cumbersome, but some way to generate .sfz preset files would be nice. Again I have a library of samples, but not sure how to get them from single hit .wav files to multi-velocity .sfz presets. That might be nice as well. If not that, maybe support Slate's Trigger preset files in some way.

Anyways, DR has been an excellent add-on thus far. I can't wait to see what you guys do next.
2015/06/17 08:50:05
mudgel
There is a way to generate sfz file. Bill Jackson from Cakewalk created one. CwDrSfzMaker.exe

See the link in my signature to Onedrive/Sonar Utilities. Download the 00_readme file.
2015/06/17 17:47:56
collinTHEbrewer
Cool! Now all we need is some default directory options!
2015/06/17 21:08:35
scook
The default directory is stored in "Multisamples Folder" under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Drum Replacer
2015/06/18 09:01:34
collinTHEbrewer
Yes, but if I could change the directory, I can keep all my samples on another drive. That's become a standard practice now days.
2015/06/18 11:38:42
scook
You may. The ways to relocate sfz engine mutlisamples have been discussed on this forum at length. Moving the drum replacer samples is no different than relocating DPro or Rapture. Could it be made easier? Yes but there are well tested solutions available now which may be used while waiting for Cakewalk to change their decade long practice of storing the location in the registry without providing a tool to move the data.

I understand the recommendation for locating samples on a separate drive was originally a performance consideration. The performance advantage is only realized by synths which stream samples. Synths like all the Cakewalk synths including the Drum Replacer load all samples in memory at once. There are other housekeeping reasons for segregating read-only data but the benefits are not that great.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account