• Software
  • Message from Acoustica - making the case for Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio
2017/11/24 21:55:30
aconte22
The Cakewalk forum host has kindly accepted Acoustica's request to reach out to Sonar users to allow us to introduce you to Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio. My name is Anthony Conte, former VP of Sales at Cakewalk for 12 years, and now VP of Sales at Acoustica for the last five years. The Acoustica staff includes a few team members very familiar with Sonar. We look forward to hearing from you to help explain the differences and similarities between Sonar and Mixcraft.  

Please also allow us to point out these important intangibles. We are a small software-only company totally focused on the PC (like the early days of Cakewalk). We have a CTO who came from Sonic Foundry and was part of the senior development team that created Acid and Vegas, which is why you will see that the Loop Library asset management (over 7800 loops and samples with integration of freesound.org into the sound edit tab with instant access to thousands of more free loops) and video editing are far more mature that any other DAW on the market today. Regularly priced at $179, Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio is on sale this weekend for $99. Senior Management has decided to extend this offer as a cross-grade exclusive offer for Sonar users thru the holidays. More details about how to validate and obtain a discount coupon will be available in the coming days.

Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio includes side-chaining audio control, VST3 and MP4 support, 64-bit and 32-bit, automation and sub-mixing, control surface support, live recording to performance panel grids and professional video editing. There are 22 beautiful pristine sounding VI's emulating Steinway, Moog and many other vintage analog synths, acoustic instruments and orchestral strings. There are 57 professional audio effects including Melodyne Essentials which is integrated directly into the sound edit tab, and one-click simultaneous publishing to Soundcloud, Mixcloud, Youtube, FB, Tumblr and your other music and video sites. We look forward to discussing some of the important features that will be of great interest to Sonar users related to project migration and collaboration. Mixcraft 8 supports many file formats for importing and exporting, and includes "Mix down to stems" offering great flexibility to create different mixes, muting, panning, volume adjustment to tracks, with or without effects and much more. Please ask us any questions that you may have right here and we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible. - Thanks, Anthony

Highlight added by Host for clarity.  
2017/11/24 22:17:34
azslow3
The first question I have already asked on your forum, but I will repeat it hear (since you can easily find why I ask it, when if the context of this forum ):
1. Does Mixcraft has binary Control Surface API available for 3d party developers? Public or NDA, now or in the near future will be positive answer. If the answer is strictly no, the second question is not important...
2. What is the status of accessibility in the Mixcraft?

2017/11/24 22:32:03
jude77
Anthony:
Thanks for the special offer.  It's very generous and much appreciated.
2017/11/24 22:34:21
Karyn
Reminder:  This thread is for asking questions relevant to Mixcraft and the special offer only.
2017/11/24 22:36:16
tenfoot
Hi Anthony. Does mixcraft have something similar to Sonars event list view for editing midi?

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR%20X2&language=3&help=Views.26.html

2017/11/24 22:44:42
Zargg
Hi, Anthony.
Is Console 1 integration in the near future for Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio?
That, and ARA?
All the best.
2017/11/24 22:46:54
michael diemer
I use the score to do my midi editing. In Sonar, I can see the entire orchestra in their staff view. Mixcraft's tutorial only shows one instrument in the score view, a piano. If I can't display more than one inst. at a time, Mixcraft won't work for me.
2017/11/24 22:58:51
bokchoyboy
azslow3

1. Does Mixcraft has binary Control Surface API available for 3d party developers? Public or NDA, now or in the near future will be positive answer. 

and

Zargg
Hi, Anthony.
Is Console 1 integration in the near future for Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio?
That, and ARA?
All the best.

Both important... especially with regards to "near future" !!??!
Salud...
2017/11/24 23:15:29
telecharge
aconte22
...which is why you will see that the Loop Library asset management (over 7800 loops and samples with integration of freesound.org into the sound edit tab with instant access to thousands of more free loops) and video editing are far more mature that any other DAW on the market today.

I asked you this in Software forum here a short while ago before seeing this thread.

Please explain how Mixcraft's Loop Library asset management is far "superior" or "more mature" than Cubase's Media Bay.
2017/11/24 23:57:26
Cactus Music
Even though I am not planning on leaving Sonar behind, this offer has my intrest mostly because the price is more in line with my budget for software. I don't need anything fancy, example I can do 90% of my work using Home Studio. But 2 things have become important to the way I work and I don't see that any other DAW can do this. Drag and drop a bass audio track to a midi track to create midi data. And drum replacer for converting Audio drums to midi. 
Another Sonar feature I'd be missing is the PVR and having multiple tracks in view with ghosted notes. 

If this can be done or will be planned for the future of Mixcraft, your software appeals to my needs and I will take you up on your offer. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account