• Software
  • Message from Acoustica - making the case for Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio (p.11)
2017/12/08 04:19:28
djwayne
Here's a little Christmas song I recorded in Mixcraft using a 10 track midi file. Edited in Sound Forge and uploaded. It demonstrates the quality of midi recording in Mixcraft..........this was very simple to do without too much of a learning curve......

https://soundcloud.com/djwayne2000/10-tracks

2017/12/08 15:13:43
Starise
Thanks Kenny. I appreciate the explanation.

I'm surprised someone hasn't mentioned the matrix view in Sonar. Very similar concept.Only I don't think you could see both views as well in it. I took a quick look at this and it looked more like a loop mixer. One of the reasons I bought Mixcraft 8 was to build backing tracks. This feature would really help me get there. I like the way they attach it to the front of the track view. As far as I know, this is 
the only daw that has this particular layout.

In a DJ setting these pads could be triggered with a pad controller in real time I'm guessing. The main difference between this and the arranger in Studio One 3 Pro is you need to think ahead what arrangement you want and hit the pads when the time comes, that is, unless you can set a predetermined sequence of track/pads to play. If this is multi track , then you need to have all parts on a section play at the same time or have entire sections of the song split and ready to play. Definitely lots of potential there. Not as sleek as a dedicated song arranger but close enough to get you to a similar place with a little more work.

Kitcrazy- Yeah that upgrade price is less than a plugin. Very doable for me.

djwayne- I checked out that track. Nice midi construct. Was it made only using Mixcraft instruments? This is only MOP. It sounds good but it sounds a little too midi. A few little tweaks would loosen it up some. A great example though! Especially if you only used Mixcraft plugins.
2017/12/08 19:35:57
riojazz
This is the third day after I sent in my SONAR info for crossgrade purchasing.  I'm sure it takes time to set this up; it was just announced on Tuesday.

The good news is that it is possible to extend the demo version for 7 days by registering.

FIXED: I purchased using the crossgrade offer, and registered.  For anyone still evaluating, you can get a one-week extension on the time to try the demo by registering.
2017/12/08 21:37:47
djwayne
Starise

I'm surprised someone hasn't mentioned the matrix view in Sonar. Very similar concept.Only I don't think you could see both views as well in it. I took a quick look at this and it looked more like a loop mixer. One of the reasons I bought Mixcraft 8 was to build backing tracks. This feature would really help me get there. I like the way they attach it to the front of the track view. As far as I know, this is 

In a DJ setting these pads could be triggered with a pad controller in real time I'm guessing. The main difference between this and the arranger in Studio One 3 Pro is you need to think ahead what arrangement you want and hit the pads when the time comes, that is, unless you can set a predetermined sequence of track/pads to play. If this is multi track , then you need to have all parts on a section play at the same time or have entire sections of the song split and ready to play. Definitely lots of potential there. Not as sleek as a dedicated song arranger but close enough to get you to a similar place with a little more work.

Kitcrazy- Yeah that upgrade price is less than a plugin. Very doable for me.

djwayne- I checked out that track. Nice midi construct. Was it made only using Mixcraft instruments? This is only MOP. It sounds good but it sounds a little too midi. A few little tweaks would loosen it up some. A great example though! Especially if you only used Mixcraft plugins.

2017/12/08 21:45:13
djwayne
Starise....that was just a midi file I got off the internet, I loaded it up and those were the instruments already pre-loaded. I'm not sure if they are from Mixcraft or some Windows midi sounds....they sound like Windows sounds to me. I haven't begun to apply my own sound samples yet. I was just impressed on how easy Mixcraft was able to load up the file and begin playing them with no monkeying around with settings and stuff. I'm also impressed on how easy it is to locate sounds with Mixcraft. this program is the easiest one I've tried.
2017/12/08 21:48:29
Studioguy1
Damn, I for one am grateful to these companies who are responding to our situation.  I do feel good that they have some Cakewalk people involved there.  Just wondering if it can be set up with separate folders for each song.   That is really a great organizing factor for me because I have so many songs done and to be worked on.  Thank you for your kind offer.  It will certainly be considered over here.
2017/12/09 00:30:30
whattarush
Demoed it and for the most part liked it but the deal breaker for me was that it doesn't send or receive MIDI Time Code and MIDI Clock was sending the wrong song position messages to my external gear and MPC Software.
2017/12/09 21:48:34
kennywtelejazz
Starise

Hello Starise ,

I'm gonna keep this one short and sweet ...

I think you have a pretty good grasp of the program ...yet I think there is something we need to clear up here ..

It is perfectly fine to think you can use prerecorded music and use the Performance Panel ...that is a good place to START ...it is only a start 

The Real POWER HERE IS you can record live while playing your instrument into the individual cells of the Performance Panel all while playing to other musical material that is playing in your songs time line .When you are happy to a degree with what you have played , then you tailor make your performance in those cells to your satisfaction VIA editing 

Not even SONAR could do that 

I'm done here , I have shared my thought's , opinions , workflows and Intellectual property freely and rather generously regarding this product ...here and in multiple threads 

If you want to discuss things more PM me ...

I don't work for them I work for me  

Kenny

2017/12/09 22:21:49
igiwigi
Mixcraft ok ,but no SYS EX yet
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account