• Software
  • Message from Acoustica - making the case for Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio (p.4)
2017/11/25 04:32:29
35mm
No, tea won't be necessary. I find it pretty rude that they just copy and past a prepared bit of marketing hype all over this forum without even pretending to be concerned for the people wrapped up in this issue. Presonus and Steinberg already turned up to grab our souls but at least they did it with a bit of dignity and subtlety. Not rudeness which is what this fellow has done. I don't have anything against their software. Just the method of touting it.
2017/11/25 04:37:47
AT
Jezz, if you don't have anything to say about how you find that Mixcraft works like or differently than SONAR make another thread, please.  As fascinating as your off-topics may be, they are off topic.
2017/11/25 05:52:47
vintagevibe
35mm
without even pretending to be concerned 

35mm
grab our souls

It's software.
2017/11/25 07:57:52
mumpcake
I remember Mixcraft was brought up in a thread for possible replacements for P5.  Although I went with Bitwig, it does look like a decent program.
2017/11/25 14:06:28
ChazEd
Hi, Anthony!

Is Mixcraft a 64 bit app or a 32 bit only app?
2017/11/25 14:20:32
covecamper1962
ChazEd
Hi, Anthony!

Is Mixcraft a 64 bit app or a 32 bit only app?

Both, and you can have both installed on your computer together. I do not know about the regular version but Mixcraft 8 Pro 64 bit has it's own bit converter like JBridge to run 32 bit VST's and effects
2017/11/25 15:18:19
aconte22
OK. Thank you for your comments [both positive and negative]. You can be assured Acoustica is listening to your concerns and look forward to learning more each day about what inspires and motivates Sonar users. My first point is this, Mixcraft is not Sonar. Acoustica is the first to admit that Mixcraft does not have all the bells and whistles that Sonar has built-in over the last 30 years. While the main objectives of all DAW’s are essentially to provide tools to allow musicians and producers to create music, each DAW will have their own personality and will handle similar functions in a way that will differentiate them from each other.

We will be providing updates and responses on this thread as often as possible. If I do not know the answer to a question, I will escalate to the dev team to get you the answer. Starting from oldest to newest, let’s address the specific questions you have posted:

Azslow3, bokchoyboy:
Mixcraft does not have an API for 3rd party developers. We do have a scripting system that can be used to add support for many controllers, and users can add their own. We will try and get you more details.

Tenfoot:
Bruce, Mixcraft does not have an old-style text-based event list viewer, but there is a visual editor for CC data that’s very easy to use. New data can be easily drawn in, and individual CC events can be edited and set to specific values as well.

Zargg:
Ken, I have escalated your question up to the dev team regarding near future integration with Console 1 and ARA.

Michael Diemer, Whiskey Still:
The Mixcraft score editor only displays only one track at a time. As your preference is to handle MIDI editing in score view, you are correct, Mixcraft is probably not for you.

Telecharge:
I just took at quick look at a few Cubase Media Bay tutorials and it is super impressive. You can absolutely organize content and work efficiently. Setting aside my opinionated braggadocios comments about the Mixcraft Loops Library being more mature and superior 😉, while I am not so sure the Media Bay is as easy to use at the Mixcraft Loops Library, it certainly is mature and can get you the same results.

I do suspect that the Mixcraft Loops Library is more intuitive and easier to learn and use. Neatly docked or undocked in the tabs view, drag n’ drop into the track view, performance panel or the included Omni and Alpha Samplers. Previews, changes to tempo and keys of the project, search by instrument, genre, key, tempo, style, song kit and author. Freesound.org integrated into the sound edit tab with instant access to thousands of additional free loops. Optimized word-search engine, sorting and assigning of favorites.

Cactus Music:
Johnny V, I have escalated your question up to the dev team to see how we handle taking an audio track and dropping onto a MIDI track to create MIDI data. Will let you know if possible, and if so, how.

35mm, Vintage Vibe:
My sincere apologies. My intentions were to share and introduce you to an alternative DAW for your future considerations. From 1993 to 2012, I lived, breathed and bled Cakewalk for 19 years. The last thing in the world that I would want to do is alienate Sonar users. Cakewalk and Greg Hendershott gave me a great opportunity and treated me wonderfully [while I was there and on my way out the door]. I feel compassion for the laid off Cakewalkers, once shared the same pain they are experiencing now, and am truly humbled. If I had to explain my posting frenzy, it was only because sometimes I feel that Mixcraft does not get the recognition it deserves. Not coincidentally enough, these are the same battles that we had been fighting for Cakewalk in the early 90’s. Truly amazing how things come full circle in life.

Chaz Ed, Cove Camper1962:
Mixcraft includes both 64-bit and 32 bit installations. And as Cove Camper has added, there is a “bit-bridge” to run 32-bit VST’s and effects.

Keep your questions coming.  Will have more answers for you as we go.

Thank you for your kind considerations,
Anthony
2017/11/25 16:31:44
kennywtelejazz
Hello aconte22 ,

Please visit our Mixcraft 8 Pro Thread in the software forum
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Mixcraft-m3690010.aspx

Kenny
2017/11/25 17:19:12
michael diemer
Thanks to Anthony of Mixcraft for addressing our concerns so promptly and completely. This will save many of us time, not to mention bring some clarity to the overwhelming array of choices before us. All DAWS are not alike; yes they mostly do the same things, but how they do it is of huge importance. It always comes down to workflow. If you're a Sonar user, you need a DAW that will allow yo to have the same, or very similar workflow.
2017/11/25 17:27:47
bitflipper
PhoenixVA
Tried it... Mixcraft 8 crashed for me on the first full open while scanning VST's. :(

Was it an actual crash, or just a failure message while attempting to initialize a plugin? Did the scan complete, or were you kicked out of the program?

What I've experienced with every DAW demo is that some SONAR-specific plugins cannot be scanned successfully, but in every case the failed plugins were just skipped over and everything else came up OK.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account