• Software
  • Message from Acoustica - making the case for Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio (p.5)
2017/11/25 19:08:51
aceric
I'll try to answer some of these questions. For some reason I cannot directly respod to each though.

"Mixcraft crashed during initial scan for vst's" - Many vsts are not built to the vst standard or may have other issues. Mixcraft will sort through them and load fine after the initial scan.

"Does mixcraft have something similar to Sonars event list view for editing midi?" - We don’t have an old-style text-based event list viewer, but we have a visual editor for CC data that’s very easy to use.  New data can be easy drawn in, and individual CC events can be edited and set to specific values as well.

"Drag and drop a bass audio track to a midi track to create midi data. And drum replacer for converting Audio drums to midi." - I am not aware of software that can accurately create midi data by reading an audio file
2017/11/25 19:10:17
aceric
35mm
No, tea won't be necessary. I find it pretty rude that they just copy and past a prepared bit of marketing hype all over this forum without even pretending to be concerned for the people wrapped up in this issue. Presonus and Steinberg already turned up to grab our souls but at least they did it with a bit of dignity and subtlety. Not rudeness which is what this fellow has done. I don't have anything against their software. Just the method of touting it.

We are absolutely concerned with the users, Anthony is simply trying his best as a one man army, to cover all bases as quickly as possible. I'm now helping him and will happily answer any questions I can for you fine Sonar users :-)
2017/11/25 19:15:34
Karyn
Welcome to forum aceric (while it's still here...)
2017/11/25 19:15:34
aceric
michael diemer
I use the score to do my midi editing. In Sonar, I can see the entire orchestra in their staff view. Mixcraft's tutorial only shows one instrument in the score view, a piano. If I can't display more than one inst. at a time, Mixcraft won't work for me.

Mixcrafts score editor is per clip, not instrument. So no, it will not show multiple clips at once, just a single clip.
We do however, have step editing and piano roll as alternatives. Which won't help in your case, just thought I would mention it.
2017/11/25 19:15:54
aceric
Karyn
Welcome to forum aceric (while it's still here...)

Thank you Karyn!
2017/11/25 19:18:27
Zargg
aceric

"Drag and drop a bass audio track to a midi track to create midi data. And drum replacer for converting Audio drums to midi." - I am not aware of software that can accurately create midi data by reading an audio file

Hi, Eric. SONAR does this via ARA.
That was one of my questions, along with Console 1 integration.
All the best.
2017/11/25 19:20:29
aceric
Zargg
aceric

All the best.

I'll look into it then, thanks for the info
2017/11/25 19:44:36
covecamper1962
Zargg
aceric

All the best.

As far as I know it is not got the drag and drop function, but Melodyne is integrated. The way I do it is select the audio clip and open up the sound tab and there is a Melodyne Button there. Click on it and and it brings the clip up in Melodyne and then I save it as a midi file. But if you drag a audio clip into a midi track/instrument track it does not automatically convert it. (unless I'm doing it wrong)

As far as the Console 1 integration I have no idea and do not know hardly anything about it.
2017/11/25 19:52:36
aceric
covecamper1962
Zargg
aceric

All the best.

As far as I know it is not got the drag and drop function, but Melodyne is integrated. The way I do it is select the audio clip and open up the sound tab and there is a Melodyne Button there. Click on it and and it brings the clip up in Melodyne and then I save it as a midi file. But if you drag a audio clip into a midi track/instrument track it does not automatically convert it. (unless I'm doing it wrong)

As far as the Console 1 integration I have no idea and do not know hardly anything about it.

You save as midi from the Mixcraft file menu? That wouldn't work since the only clip in the project is an audio clip. Or are you doing it some other way?
2017/11/25 19:59:11
mosspa
telecharge
The only other thing I would ding them on is the interface, which isn't very modern looking when compared to other DAWs.

Being 63 and relying more on color cues in my visual field, Mixcraft's UI is one of the things I love most about it.  Frankly, I hate "modern looking" grey monochrome UIs.  As I have aged, my ability to perceive visual contrast has been dwindling.  Although I have less problems with Sonar's "modern UI" than most, I still vastly prefer Mixcraft's.  There is something to be said for "elegant simplicity", especially when it is enhanced with color.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account