• Software
  • Message from Acoustica - making the case for Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio (p.6)
2017/11/25 20:01:10
covecamper1962
aceric
covecamper1962
Zargg
aceric

"Drag and drop a bass audio track to a midi track to create midi data. And drum replacer for converting Audio drums to midi." - I am not aware of software that can accurately create midi data by reading an audio file

Hi, Eric. SONAR does this via ARA.
That was one of my questions, along with Console 1 integration.
All the best.

As far as I know it is not got the drag and drop function, but Melodyne is integrated. The way I do it is select the audio clip and open up the sound tab and there is a Melodyne Button there. Click on it and and it brings the clip up in Melodyne and then I save it as a midi file. But if you drag a audio clip into a midi track/instrument track it does not automatically convert it. (unless I'm doing it wrong)

As far as the Console 1 integration I have no idea and do not know hardly anything about it.

You save as midi from the Mixcraft file menu? That wouldn't work since the only clip in the project is an audio clip. Or are you doing it some other way?

No, from the file menu within Melodyne. Well, it is not called file in melodyne, it is called Settings. Then there is an option for "Save as Midi File.."
2017/11/25 20:28:01
mosspa
michael diemer
If you're a Sonar user, you need a DAW that will allow yo to have the same, or very similar workflow.

I'm not sure that this assertion is entirely correct.  Up until the time I first tried Mixcraft, my only real DAW experience was Sonar (from the inception of the Cakewalk Home Studio series), and at the time Sonar was at Pro 5 or 6.  Mixcraft was initially designed to be intuitive, and a DAW that anyone could use with a very shallow learning curve.  When I sat down with Mixcraft, it was as though there was NO learning curve.  On my first attempt using it, I created a six track background motif using loops from my library of ACIDized loops, added two stereo audio tracks from my K2661, and added and edited VSTi synth and Kontakt piano leads.  I did this all in about an hour, and never once looked at the manual.  Granted, I hadn't created a masterpiece, but that's not really the point.  Although there are many differences between the Mixcraft and Sonar interfaces, those differences were transparent due, mostly, to Mixcraft's intuitive elegance.  Mixcraft isn't a scaled down Sonar, it's just so intuitive that it seems like it is.
2017/11/25 21:01:29
FemcanLana
I Just downloaded the Demo.
2017/11/25 21:16:49
FemcanLana
Just with a quick look around at the Demo its not to bad. It would be the quickest route if replacing sonar since they are kinda similar but sonar is still better. If I had to start over Id for sure grab it. I dont know them and never spoke to them just my 2 cents
2017/11/25 21:40:29
michael diemer
mosspa
michael diemer
If you're a Sonar user, you need a DAW that will allow yo to have the same, or very similar workflow.

I'm not sure that this assertion is entirely correct.  Up until the time I first tried Mixcraft, my only real DAW experience was Sonar (from the inception of the Cakewalk Home Studio series), and at the time Sonar was at Pro 5 or 6.  Mixcraft was initially designed to be intuitive, and a DAW that anyone could use with a very shallow learning curve.  When I sat down with Mixcraft, it was as though there was NO learning curve.  On my first attempt using it, I created a six track background motif using loops from my library of ACIDized loops, added two stereo audio tracks from my K2661, and added and edited VSTi synth and Kontakt piano leads.  I did this all in about an hour, and never once looked at the manual.  Granted, I hadn't created a masterpiece, but that's not really the point.  Although there are many differences between the Mixcraft and Sonar interfaces, those differences were transparent due, mostly, to Mixcraft's intuitive elegance.  Mixcraft isn't a scaled down Sonar, it's just so intuitive that it seems like it is.

John, I'm glad that Mixcraft works well for you. It's a very individual thing, however. For me, since I learned on Sonar, I developed a workflow where staff view (for all instruments, not just one) and Event List became very important for me. It would be very hard for me to use a DAW that doesn't have these. Fortunately, Reaper has a great notation editor, and an event list that is identical to Sonar's, so it works for me. Cubase is probably the only other DAW that would work for me, but Reaper is fine so far.
2017/11/25 22:22:49
telecharge
aceric
I'll try to answer some of these questions. For some reason I cannot directly respod to each though.

Hi, Eric, and welcome. Not to gang-up on you or anything, but are you going to answer the questions that have already been posted, or do we need to ask again?
2017/11/26 03:21:19
Larry Jones
michael diemer
Nobody from Mixcraft has answered my question about how many instruments you can display at once in their score editor. I'm taking the lack of response as a "no," since their "reaching out" to us sonar stiffs so "promptly," demonstrates a keen desire on their part to sell us their software. They might make a sale here if somebody could answer this question.

35mm
aconte22, could you not have been a bit more subtle? You copy/pasted this marketing dept. draught into various threads in this forum without even editing it just a bit. Is it due to that lack of effort that Cakewalk dumped you? You actually managed to make it stand out as a "holly crap! There are thousands of displaced DAW users looking for a new platform. We gotta cash in on these mugs!" post even more so than PreSonus and Steinberg did! You have to work harder than that for our money. We want commitment, dedication, and friendliness like Cakewalk gave us! Those are the qualities that seem to be lacking in the alternative DAW offerings right now. Next, please!

You're asking questions and berating the Mixcraft rep in an online forum that is not dedicated to Mixcraft, during a holiday weekend. Maybe you should take a look at the Mixcraft forum.

2017/11/26 03:33:58
aceric
telecharge
aceric
I'll try to answer some of these questions. For some reason I cannot directly respod to each though.

Hi, Eric, and welcome. Not to gang-up on you or anything, but are you going to answer the questions that have already been posted, or do we need to ask again?

I went through them and answered about 3-4 in a single post. Keep in mind that I am in no way familiar with Sonar, so some of the features people mention might be something I am not sure of.
2017/11/26 03:34:54
aceric
Larry Jones
michael diemer
Nobody from Mixcraft has answered my question about how many instruments you can display at once in their score editor. I'm taking the lack of response as a "no," since their "reaching out" to us sonar stiffs so "promptly," demonstrates a keen desire on their part to sell us their software. They might make a sale here if somebody could answer this question.

35mm
aconte22, could you not have been a bit more subtle? You copy/pasted this marketing dept. draught into various threads in this forum without even editing it just a bit. Is it due to that lack of effort that Cakewalk dumped you? You actually managed to make it stand out as a "holly crap! There are thousands of displaced DAW users looking for a new platform. We gotta cash in on these mugs!" post even more so than PreSonus and Steinberg did! You have to work harder than that for our money. We want commitment, dedication, and friendliness like Cakewalk gave us! Those are the qualities that seem to be lacking in the alternative DAW offerings right now. Next, please!

You're asking questions and berating the Mixcraft rep in an online forum that is not dedicated to Mixcraft, during a holiday weekend. Maybe you should take a look at the Mixcraft forum.

I did address both of those.
2017/11/26 03:38:36
aceric
covecamper1962
aceric
covecamper1962
Zargg
aceric

"Drag and drop a bass audio track to a midi track to create midi data. And drum replacer for converting Audio drums to midi." - I am not aware of software that can accurately create midi data by reading an audio file

Hi, Eric. SONAR does this via ARA.
That was one of my questions, along with Console 1 integration.
All the best.

As far as I know it is not got the drag and drop function, but Melodyne is integrated. The way I do it is select the audio clip and open up the sound tab and there is a Melodyne Button there. Click on it and and it brings the clip up in Melodyne and then I save it as a midi file. But if you drag a audio clip into a midi track/instrument track it does not automatically convert it. (unless I'm doing it wrong)

As far as the Console 1 integration I have no idea and do not know hardly anything about it.

You save as midi from the Mixcraft file menu? That wouldn't work since the only clip in the project is an audio clip. Or are you doing it some other way?

No, from the file menu within Melodyne. Well, it is not called file in melodyne, it is called Settings. Then there is an option for "Save as Midi File.."

Maybe you have a version of Melodyne other than essentials which ships with mixcraft 8 Pro Studio? Here's what I see in that menu.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account