• Software
  • Bias Fx updated - Standalone - Midi - Automation and more
2016/01/19 16:15:35
jih64
The wait is finally over! BIAS FX, the First Cross Platform Amp-And-Effects Processor, is now available as a standalone application for Mac/PC. BIAS FX Standalone is the easiest way to use BIAS FX desktop – no more need for a DAW, just plug and play! And if you already purchased BIAS FX as a desktop plug-in, you can download standalone version without any additional cost.
MIDI and Automation
BIAS FX Professional now includes MIDI and automation. With MIDI and automation you can control BIAS FX as you would do with a real amp/pedalboard setup, toggle pedals on/off in real time, use expression effects, switch between different pedals, assign multiple parameters, and more. And if you already own BIAS FX Pro as a plug-in, just update to the latest version and MIDI/Automation will show up.

http://www.positivegrid.com/
2016/01/19 17:01:19
MachineClaw
uh I didn't even know that FX didn't have a standalone version.  I installed and jumped into learning the VST in SONAR.

guess I will have to update and install.

thanks for the info.  (BTW link doesn't work but link on Positive Grid home page does)
2016/01/19 17:10:17
jih64
The standalone version is a great addition and something I have been poking them in the ribs about ever since they released Bias Fx, very welcomed and works just dandy.

The midi is also another welcomed addition and works fine for the most part, except for controlling the wah where you get crackles and spits and eventually crash. I'll have to do some more poking in the ribs there. Overloud has the best in that area, sounds and works awesome and they have a setting to bypass/turn off the wah when in minimum, open position, which is great to be able to keep playing without sound being affected by the wah or having to switch it off as separate step, amplitubes wah's were ok, but nowhere near Overlouds in TH2 and 3. SO for now I'll just make a chain and use TH's wahs when I want to use a Bias tone.

Automation seems to be fine, tested in S13.
2016/01/19 17:11:19
jih64
hmmmm, I just took that link from the Email, will fix.

2017/12/08 22:23:11
Dickie Fredericks
Old post I know. Where is the standalone version? I don't see it on their website.

2017/12/09 00:38:34
It comes with the install, when installing there is an option, tick the box, to install the standalone app.
2017/12/09 12:06:10
Dickie Fredericks
Yup, found it. It was installed. LOL

Now to figure out how to use a Ground Control Pro to control it. I can change presets but not FX within the presets.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account