• Software
  • I just ordered the Digital Performer 9.5 software crossgrade,,,,,
2017/12/09 01:16:45
djwayne
from Sweetwater. I've been playing with the demo and liked the quality of sounds with the program. The 1073 compressor plug in sounds like something I'd like, the synth also sounds great.....I like the GUI but must admit I've been having issues with the program, but will probably figure it out over time. It's a challenge. But may pay off in the long run. MLP is $795, sale is $499, Sonar crossgrade is $195.........that's a pretty good buy for quality software. I'll use it in conjunction with Mixcraft and Sound Forge.
2017/12/09 02:22:40
djwayne
oh man, this is an old school midi program. Not for everybody, but if you watch a few how to videos on you tube, you'll figure it out. What's nice about this program is I can set up my hardware midi sound modules with it. I'm making progress with it, albeit slow. Kind of reminds me of the old Visions program a little. 
2017/12/09 04:12:59
35mm
Haven't you bought every DAW mentioned so far? I thought you said you were going to save your money to buy a food mixer :) I hope you are going to do a comprehensive DAW comparison video (and maybe throw your food mixer in too)!
2017/12/09 04:58:31
djwayne
I used the food mixer tonight to make a delicious meatloaf. As far as software goes the last two weeks has been open season on it, there's been sooo many fabulous once in a lifetime deals it's hard to resist as each program has it's benefits. At first I was hesitant to buy DP 9.5, but after working with it tonight and learning how to use it, I'm thrilled with it, and have no regrets. It's been a hectic time for me as I also upgraded my computer to an i5 Dell, upgraded memory to 16 gigs and added a second monitor screen. I also bought a small 25 key midi controller sit on my desk.....The bottom line is my little home studio is incredible now !!!!!

2017/12/09 06:43:25
djwayne
No I am not going to do a comparison video because it's pointless. You guys have to do your own due diligence and see what's good for you. Your needs and wants may be different than mine. Having multiple DAW programs may be good for some but put others in the poorhouse. Right now we all have the opportunity to acquire some great software at very good prices. Three week ago, to buy the same software would have cost me thousands of dollars. Three weeks from now those high prices may return. I say get it while you can !!!!
2017/12/09 07:37:05
kitekrazy1
BTW if you have a Sweetwater card this DAW will cost you about $5 a month.
2017/12/09 12:48:40
djwayne
I do have a Sweetwater card and yes they gave me 48 month financing !!!! I'm planning on paying it off long before then but it's nice to have that kind of financing available now.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account