• Software
  • Everyone should have more Character...and it's fairly cheap now (p.2)
2012/10/29 20:35:07
LANEY
Here are some excellent exciter plugins I own 7 of them. 
http://www.musicradar.com/tuition/tech/9-excellent-exciter-plug-ins-538311/1

Don't think I need another
But Thanks
2012/10/30 18:03:39
bapu
yorolpal

Yup...It's me again Margret.  And I'm touting another plugin.  Don't faint or nothin.  I picked up the Noveltech Character plug from AudioDeluxe ($104) since it's on intro sale through Plugin Alliance.  I'd listened to some YouTube demos and was impressed enough to add it to my ARSEnal and see if it could measure up to my WAVES Aphex Aural Exciter...which is just dandy and which I dearly love.

And guess what?  No, go on, guess.

It kicks the Aphex's rusty butt all over the parkin lot and out into the street.  It's a must have IMHO.  Take that for whatever it's worth to ya.

I think you can download a fully functioning time limited demo...but you'd better hurry cause I think the intro price is only good till the end of the month...and Halloween is upon us.

Dang you myolpal, this is one sweet plug. I had a vocal track that was giving me soooooo much trouble. This did it for it.

Thanks.
2012/10/30 22:39:58
yorolpal
Yor Welcome!  It is like having a "doesn't suck" knob now ain't it?
2012/10/30 23:26:34
The Band19
Nothing against your character... I have "many" great plugs, the fab stuff (including Sat) The Izotope stuff, Alloy and Ozone, and others... Per my other post, if it's recorded properly, bused properly, EQed, compressed and limited/gated/expanded/excited, De-essed, delayed, verbed, widened, and panned properly all along they way? Well, I'm not the mix guru, but there's a lot of guys I look up to here who do what I just described and get "AMAZING" results... 

I'm sure it's cool? But I believe a "boots on the ground" approach, at every step? As described above, is the road to success. And I don't say this as the mix master? I'm just saying... Based again, on people I respect, who post "AMAZING" mixes, I don't think they use these one button magic plug-ins? That is not to say that they are not good, or would not help. But if everything else is good? And done "correctly" then the need to add an easy button should not exist. (JMO) Again, nothing against this plug.
2012/10/31 00:06:04
yorolpal
Understand completely, ol pal.  But the Character plugin is not meant to be used in isolation.  It's sort of an icing on the cake kind of thing.  It certainly doesn't take the place of well compressed and eq'd and effected tracks.  It just "enhances them" (or a mix for that matter).  Sorry if I confused you with it's description.
2012/10/31 00:26:50
bapu
Ha Ha Ha..... "done correctly". LMAO!!!!

I've been waiting for the day when all the tracks I have in a song are perfect and all I have to do is set a level for each track. Don't even have to put anything on the 2-Bus.

Now THAT would be what I call "done correctly".

2012/10/31 00:29:31
bapu
I just put this on a vocal track that I was struggling with nearly all day and whereas it did not "solve" the problem it certainly mitigated 80% of it.
2017/12/05 02:27:19
Fleer
Man, I’m gonna miss these threads.
2017/12/05 10:49:38
subtlearts
Fleer
Man, I’m gonna miss these threads.

Indeed... this thread is simply oozing Character! 

(and I agree, it's a *very* nice plug - though I paid a lot less for it, a year or so ago)

2017/12/08 02:55:13
Fleer
Got its sibling, Noveltech Vocal Enhancer, for nothing with my December coupon at Plugin Alliance. Probably the same $19 sale will be offered again at the end of this month, as they did that last year.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account