2013/11/08 16:37:47
SurfingMusicMan
I’m not sure whether it’s because of recent software updates or what, but recently I’ve been having trouble loading new instances of Dimension.  It takes a very long time to load, and won't make any sound once it’s loaded.  Once Dimension is loaded, all other virtual instruments also stop working.

Strangely, pre-existing instances of Dimension in existing projects work fine.  I’m even able to change sounds/patches/presets (or whatever they're called).  I only have problems when loading new instances of Dimension.

Other virtual instruments seem to be otherwise loading and working fine (except, as noted above, when I add a new instance of Dimension).

I’m using Sonar X3, but have the same problem occurred when I tried it in Sonar X2.  I’ve already re-installed Dimension and the latest Sonar X3 update.

Anyone have any suggestions?
2013/11/08 18:45:08
scook
Did you clean the registry before reinstalling DimPro? Here is an article on how to perform a clean install of DimPro http://www.cakewalk.com/S...reader.aspx/2007013238
2013/11/08 20:25:01
SurfingMusicMan
scook
Did you clean the registry before reinstalling DimPro? Here is an article on how to perform a clean install of DimPro http://www.cakewalk.com/S...reader.aspx/2007013238

Thanks, I'll try this.
2013/11/09 13:53:44
SurfingMusicMan
Okay, I tried that. I rescanned the plugins, and now Dimension doesn't show up as an available instrument in Sonar at all. I ran the stand-alone application and, although it opens initially, it won't accept the registration key I copied from the cakewalk store.

I can't use pre-existing instances of Dimension in existing projects now either.

Can anyone help? I've spent way too much time on this. I just want to make some music, not fight for three days straight with Sonar. Grrrr!
2013/11/09 14:30:26
scook
To register, did you need to run the stand alone as administrator? If not, right-click the stand alone version of DimPro and choose the "run as administrator" option. If you have several DimPro serial numbers try the one associated with the installer that you used.
2013/11/09 14:44:20
SurfingMusicMan
scook
To register, did you need to run the stand alone as administrator? If not, right-click the stand alone version of DimPro and choose the "run as administrator" option. If you have several DimPro serial numbers try the one associated with the installer that you used.

Thanks. I ran the stand alone as administrator and it accepted the reg code, but it still doesn't show up in Sonar.
2013/11/09 14:59:26
scook
2013/11/09 15:25:10
SurfingMusicMan
scook
Maybe a full rescan would help http://www.cakewalk.com/S...reader.aspx/2007013315

Thanks for the suggestion. It didn't work unfortunately.
2013/11/09 15:28:41
scook
Is it shown as a VSTi in the plug-in manager? Do you use a custom layout?
2013/11/09 15:51:05
SurfingMusicMan
scook
Is it shown as a VSTi in the plug-in manager? Do you use a custom layout?

It's working! I found it as an excluded VSTi in the plug-in manager. I enabled it and it's working. Thanks everyone!

I have no idea how it got excluded, but at least it's working now.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account