• Software
  • What about Samplitude Pro X3 (p.3)
2017/12/02 08:57:41
DarinBad
telecharge
azslow3
DarinBad
If I click on the 'Learn More' link, it does not mention anything about an upgrade.

If I click on the product page for Samplitude on the main site, it mentions nothing about this offer under the purchase options.

I'm confused... Is this an upgrade offer?? or... An offer available to anybody??

I have noticed "Upgrade" word on all pages linked from this one, if not in the text then in the title or URL (depending from the link).

Yes, it is ambiguous. See the KVR thread I linked to in post #13.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=495714#p6942850

Thanks. Still, seems very strange. I mean, why not shout it from the rooftops? I am on their mailing list, since I have a copy of Vegas Pro and Sound Forge (from the Sony days). I have not received anything from them.

Man, I really don't need any of that stuff, but that's A LOT of BANG-for-buck...
2017/12/02 09:55:35
GIM Productions
Hi all,i don't understand if ProX3 is a native 64 bit DAW..
Thanks in advance
2017/12/02 12:38:50
mudgel
I’ve been wanting Spectral layers for so long but I’ve never had a means of getting it cheaply. Even though I have X3 Suite already from their last promo, that was just an upgrade to the new version of Samplitude for me as I had all the other bundled software.

It came with Sound Forge 11 which I already had and I have so many copies of Independence Pro which they’re still flogging after about 10 years.

But is suspect it’s worth it just to get Spectral Layers for USD$149. I have to sort out lost accounts first as they don’t have any of my Samplitude records at all, just info from the Sony day
2017/12/02 12:49:23
BJN
I remember using the LE edition I got off a Music mag years ago and it was very good. I jumped onto Sonar 6 soon after and never really got into it.
Samplitude is a great DAW from what I have read and would be better then PT or Cubase if you can afford those 
2017/12/02 12:57:56
mudgel
If I hadn’t just spent USD$255=AUD$350+55 for dongle for Cubase 9.5 it would be easy to just say 149, hell yeah
Unfortunately there are coffers which no longer rattle as they only contain air. Bummer. Talk about poor timing.
2017/12/02 14:01:27
paulo
I'm planning to keep using Platinum for as long as I can, but in the interests of having a back-up plan I downloaded the Samplitude X3 demo - couldn't even get it to do a vst scan without it crashing every time so after several attempts I gave up. Can't be doing with having to fight with demos of new DAWs while I already have something that works just fine.
2017/12/02 14:32:43
telecharge
mudgel
Talk about poor timing.

Yeah, interesting timing for sure -- at the end of 'cyber week' when everyone is skint, or at least feeling the hangover.

paulo
I'm planning to keep using Platinum for as long as I can...

+1

2017/12/02 16:17:28
thepianist65
Is there a downloadable demo I could try?. I have purchased Studio One and so far I'm getting the hang of it, slowly, and I think it is a decent choice, but I have not considered this previously, and it looks very interesting from the specs, etc. 
2017/12/02 16:24:14
kitekrazy1
mudgel
If I hadn’t just spent USD$255=AUD$350+55 for dongle for Cubase 9.5 it would be easy to just say 149, hell yeah
Unfortunately there are coffers which no longer rattle as they only contain air. Bummer. Talk about poor timing.

You shouldn't regret that.  I see a bigger learning curve in Samplitude and I doubt is the midi powerhouse compared to Cubase.   I have groove3 and MPV subscriptions and there are no 3rd party tutorials for Samplitude.
2017/12/02 16:25:49
kitekrazy1
GIM Productions
Hi all,i don't understand if ProX3 is a native 64 bit DAW..
Thanks in advance

It seems both 32 and 64 are installed.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account