• Software
  • What about Samplitude Pro X3 (p.5)
2017/12/02 18:17:59
GregRband
mudgel
I’ve been wanting Spectral layers for so long but I’ve never had a means of getting it cheaply. Even though I have X3 Suite already from their last promo, that was just an upgrade to the new version of Samplitude for me as I had all the other bundled software.

It came with Sound Forge 11 which I already had and I have so many copies of Independence Pro which they’re still flogging after about 10 years.

But is suspect it’s worth it just to get Spectral Layers for USD$149. I have to sort out lost accounts first as they don’t have any of my Samplitude records at all, just info from the Sony day

Hey there,

For your missing accounts and for others to hear feedback if deal is real, I downloaded the starter installs last night after purchasing. Lots of content, slow connection, but finally got it around 2 a.m. Had some registration issues, but all the activations and installs went flawlessly. As it turns out, the more Pro level products from Magix are registered and supported by a different branch and website. I kept trying to activate with my long standing Magix login info and kept getting error. Part me, part them not making clearer. Since this was my first higher end Magix software, I had to choose New Acct at registration window in SamProX3......
All worked fine from then on. Turns out SamProX3, SpectraLayers Pro 4, and I guess Sequoia if you have that (I obviously don’t) are all handled through the magix-audio .com site, login button found in lower left corner.
Once I figured that out, saw my Samplitude PX3 there, I was able to manually register my SpectraLayers key in that acct no problems. ***Note: Sound Forge Pro 11 is handled by std Magix site*** I don’t understand why it’s a split thing, but somehow i feel extra special because I now own higher end software with a dedicated auth and support site :-)
Now a gazillion gb of addl content downloads for today! Life is Good!

Hope this helps someone, or many people out!
Cheers!
2017/12/02 18:18:31
thepianist65
Found that there is a demo, but you need the USB dongle just to use the trial, it seems...

2017/12/02 19:19:09
GregRband
thepianist65
Found that there is a demo, but you need the USB dongle just to use the trial, it seems...

It’s very similar to Samplitude Music Studio version if there is a demo for that... just more content and some specialized features in ProX I believe.
2017/12/02 20:11:36
Jim Roseberry
A dongle is not necessary to try Samplitude Pro X3.
2017/12/02 20:53:43
Ruben
thepianist65

I believe that Jim's right and that there is no dongle needed for the Samplitude demo. The full version doesn't even use a dongle. You can download the 30-day trial to be sure.

http://www.magix.com/us/samplitude

edit: fixed url - sc

2017/12/02 21:25:11
jpetersen
That link seems to be wrong. I get a 404 error.
2017/12/02 21:27:50
scook
The url had some extra characters at the end. I fixed it.
2017/12/02 22:17:27
Ruben
Thanks.
2017/12/02 22:40:55
GregRband
The link no longer says “update” anywhere... I think they fixed it! Mine went no update only problems last night!
2017/12/03 10:36:33
Knightark
Bought and installed, took some time but no dongle required. Only issue was some sort of plug in that never installed with Spectralayers but with only 4 hours sleep i'll sort that another time.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account