2017/12/08 05:50:21
Ruben
Dave King
Hey,

I'm close to making some big changes and making the jump from Windows to Mac.  I wonder how Logic Pro X compares to Sonar Platinum.  Anyone have any experience with it? I'd love to hear your thoughts.  Thanks!

Most folks here seem to be in agreement that Logic is a solid program, and I also agree. The program is very stable, the built-in plugins sound very good, and the virtual instruments are simply great. But it is very different from Sonar - learning the way that Logic works and does things is almost like starting over, even if you've spent years with Sonar. I'm not saying that to dissuade you - going with Logic would be a good choice if you go Mac - but prepare yourself for a learning curve. Just something to keep in mind.
2017/12/08 06:02:53
GregRband
If you have a Mac, and are even remotely considering and open to Logic, you pretty much cant go wrong. Its stable, fully featured, affordable, and constantly getting better and better with free per update content.... and even Abbey Road Studio's recently added Logic to the available workstations there! That in itself speaks Higher than any forum guru, magazine article, or youtube review imo.  I am fortunate to have access to both an older iMac (Logic/Garageband) and PC (various Daws that appeal to me). No wrong choices these days long as you don't jump in with eyes closed..... if something appeals or works for you, go for it, nobody else can tell you differently.  
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account