2017/12/05 14:38:39
TheSteven
Upgrade price in my account is $69.65    YMMV

FabFilter Pro-L 2 released
 We've just released a new major version of the Pro-L limiter plug-in with four brand-new limiting algorithms, a new true peak limiting mode, extensive standards-compliant loudness metering, surround support, interface enhancements and much more.
 Just log in to your FabFilter account to upgrade to Pro-L 2 with a discount of 50% or more, depending on how many FabFilter plug-ins you already own.
 Upgrade now 30-day trial

2017/12/05 14:44:32
synkrotron
My upgrade price was around £55, so about the same. It looks great, and I am already a fan of Pro-L anyway, but I may hold off for a while longer to see if any deals in the near future crop up.
2017/12/05 14:45:54
TheSteven
Non-upgrade price is $199
If you are not already a FabFilter customer PM me for a 10% off link
2017/12/05 14:53:27
scook
Since FF started using resellers, the Tell-A-Friend 10% discount is not as attractive to new customers.
2017/12/05 19:05:46
bitflipper
$69.95 for me, too. Won't be buying today, though. Can't afford it ATM, and there are no must-have new features.

Does anybody remember if previous upgrade pricing ever expired, e.g. Pro-Q2, Pro-C2? I've already got both of those so I can't check what the upgrades would cost today.
2017/12/05 20:35:20
TheSteven
My Pro-C2 upgrade was $53.70 but that purchase was combined with 2 other plugs so the price was probably reduced. With that in mind $69.95 looks like it is in line with previous upgrade prices.
2017/12/05 23:07:55
bitflipper
I'm sure its in line with previous upgrade pricing...my query should have been: how long can I put off this upgrade without missing out?
2017/12/06 06:32:59
emeraldsoul
Does it sound better? Is there any secret sauce? Is there a demo? I like the original just fine.
2017/12/06 07:06:43
TheSteven
Quick answers....
Does it sound better? <> Does a dalmatian have spots?
Is there any secret sauce? <> Check your buns
Is there a demo? <> of course
I like the original just fine. <>not after you try this one...

Analysis of answers
#1 Can't go wrong answering a question with a question. But considering that 80% of dalmations are deaf or close to it - it's either a snarky comment about musicians, a poorly thought out response or who knew that orange juice is actually fake?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuYPdTvqitg

#2 this response is probably rude and definitely in poor taste.

#3 of course there is - why would I kid about this?  There's even a link for a 30 day trial in the OP.

#4 I assume that your definition of "fine" conforms with local standards and is compatible with the standards set forth and adhered to in this forum. In that case no - the original isn't just fine, it's awesome!
Can we ever have too much awesome? I don't know about you but there are sure times when I could.
Will you like the new version more than the $69 dollars the update will cost you?
If you thought the original was just fine - probably not, if you thought the original was awesome - probably.

Analysis of Analysis...
Probably should have spent my time working on my song writing instead...

2017/12/06 07:47:15
synkrotron
I like the new metering options.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account