2016/09/09 21:38:02
Kamikaze
The side by side bins was basically in response to your post 5, rather than you OP. I thought it should aslo be easily achievable. Plus stop the list taking up too much vertical height. If it were a single bin, I'd like to see it expand horizontally and vertically depending on the track view configuration (shape)

The second picture is what I'd really like to see. I don't see why that's not so hard to achieve.As effectively it would be the same as the FX Chain being inserted, with just the PC header and a button to open the VST.

I am using FX chains for what they were not intended for (Making VST into PC), and they do ok at it some of the time, but it's currently a fudge really.

2016/09/10 20:43:21
Kev999
Kamikaze
...stop the list taking up too much vertical height...

The buttons representing each effect are much taller than they need to be. Wasted height. I'm surprised that nobody has complained about this. It was one of the things that put me off upgrading to Platinum. X3 (and earlier) fits double the amount of plugins in the same space.
2016/10/02 09:07:21
M@
OP's idea is super!
2016/10/02 10:33:49
pwalpwal
wouldn't getting rid of (or ignoring) the pc and just using fx bin resolve this? all the pre-pc "nooooo!" pigeons seem to have come home to roost
2016/10/04 10:44:39
azslow3
I have written the same on previous requests about PC/FX chains: why not simply "merge" them?
* If "normal" FX is inserted in ProChannel view, its interface (as shown already) can be in FlyOut. Plus specific "ProChannel" interface can be constructed, using the same technology as for FX Chain
* If ProChannel module is inserted into FX Bin view, its FlyOut view can be used as the user interface (or ProChannel view, but it is small and most modules have VST incarnations with normal UI in any case).

Why not use FX Chains in ProChannel? They are a kind of "VST hosts". Problems with Control Surfaces, no fast way to open wrapped VST UI, control elements are not bi-directional.

ProChannel was originally an evolution of Sonar "Filters", but it is grown first up to dynamic ordering and than up to general FX BIN. Its "dark side" is just historical, there is no longer anything special in ProChannel module compare to normal FX, arbitrary (3d party) modules are there, the order can be changed, etc.

CW will not loose "proprietary character" of ProChannel with such move, those who like ProChannel view (which is nice in Inspector and Console) will prefer modules with special (ProChannel) tiny UI.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account