2018/11/03 16:59:08
Wayfarer
Found this web page the other day. Really well done if you're in the market for a new pickup system.

http://www.dougyoungguitar.com/pickuptests
2018/11/13 00:34:46
kennywtelejazz

Acoustic Guitar Pickup Line Tests

I don't know what he told her but it seemed like it worked

Kenny
2018/11/13 01:19:27
Wayfarer
I remember when that used to actually work! The women my own age nowadays only say they want to hear you play to be polite. What they really want is to see is your bank book.
2018/11/13 20:23:56
kennywtelejazz
Wayfarer
I remember when that used to actually work!

Yeah me too . I remember it just like it was yesterday .
I was worried about getting drafted , going to War and not having any more opportunities to play Stairway To Heaven on date night  .
Those were the days my friend ....

Wayfarer

The women my own age nowadays only say they want to hear you play to be polite.

I get that ...at least the women you know are being polite too you .

The women my own age start doing hand gestures that kinda look like signing ...
Since I don't know how to read sign language,  I find it rather odd when they take out their hearing aid and  tell me it is now OK for me to start playing my guitar .

Wayfarer

What they really want is to see is your bank book.

true dat

First I warm them up by going shopping with them for new pantyhose that is toe jam & claw resistant ....
Then I take them out to a nice restaurant and order a pizza topped with Italian sausage, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, black olives & basil. ( Sounds so tasty and good James I had to use it  )
When the topic of my bank book comes up I ask the waiter for the check . While he or she is going to get it ,
I excuse myself from the table , make a mad dash  for the bathroom and climb out the window ....

Kenny

2018/11/13 21:37:15
Wayfarer
I would just once like to stick a woman for the check. Consider it on my to-do list. That and inventing a pill that cures human devolution because, without it, this generation doesn't stand a chance from what I've seen.
2018/11/25 04:05:04
kennywtelejazz
Wayfarer
I would just once like to stick a woman for the check.

you might actually get away with it and think your winning because she picked up the check for your meals and dates
in the early on stages of your loves flowering insanity .
My concern for you would be she may be playing the long game ...
If she is playing the long game it now becomes your sworn duty to help her out with the all the stuff like "my car needs to be fixed" ..."my water heater is broke " I'm light on this months mortgage "  or the all time classic that all men fall for, " Honey do you think my tit's would look better if they were a little bigger ? "

Wayfarer
Consider it on my to-do list. That and inventing a pill that cures human devolution because, without it, this generation doesn't stand a chance from what I've seen.

I hear you on that
In my lifetime I have seen the movie Idiocracy change from a stoner entertainment feel good flick morph itself in to a fact based documentary on the trials, tribulations and perils of the human mental and emotional social evolution
BTW , all this took place with out an edit 

have a good one ,

Kenny
2018/11/25 14:21:34
DeeringAmps
<on topic>
I preferred the mics hands down.
The FluxCapacitor (I think it was the first year for these)
on my Brazilian 814 went tits up years ago, but doesn't matter, I mic it anyway.
It does complicate catching a "quick idea" in the office; oh well...
</on topic>
I've been married 45+ years, once she commented I was still playing the same tired licks she'd heard
for 20 years, that was 1994, mostly she just tunes me out.

T
2018/11/25 18:57:41
paulo
I picked up an acoustic guitar and didn't find it testing at all.

In fact it was quite easy.
2018/11/26 18:28:44
Wayfarer
For what it's worth, I think the Highlander system is the best I've heard. Their pickup and internal mic together sound just as good to me as a pair of external mics. In truth, even their UST by itself sounds exceptional. However, I don't like the fact that it requires routing out a smaller sub-slot beneath your existing saddle slot for the pickup to sit in. Way too invasive and hard to reverse if you ever wanted to go with a different kind of pickup.

Bill
2018/11/26 18:44:41
batsbrew
the taylor expression system is the best acoustic amplification/recording system i've used.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account