2018/11/26 19:54:31
DeeringAmps
I remember it being ok, but like I said, mine (first year I'm pretty sure) is tits up!
I think they'll fix it, but I'm not letting them remove the top on my braz; just not happening!

T
2018/11/26 21:20:27
Wayfarer
I had the older ES-1 in a Taylor 341ce. It was okay but nothing to write home about. That is, good enough for live, but I would never try to use it on a recording unless it was just strumming. However, a few months ago I played an 814ce with the newer ES-2 and put it through a Fishman Loudbox. Sounded fantastic. However, I'd really have to take it home and record with it to make a final judgement because I'm sure some of what I was hearing was the actual guitar sitting on my knee, but if it sounds as good recorded as what I heard in the store, I would be very happy with that indeed.

Bill
2018/11/26 23:51:39
ØSkald
There is something wrong with the preamp or pickup in a Ibanez guitar I have. Low sound, but not so much noise ether. It shows it has power via diode.
Any suggestions?

Sorry if this isn't fitting in here.
2018/11/27 00:34:57
Wayfarer
It could very well be the pickup. I've had UST pickups go out before, and losing volume first is exactly what they do.
2018/11/27 07:21:35
ØSkald
Wayfarer
It could very well be the pickup. I've had UST pickups go out before, and losing volume first is exactly what they do.

Thanks. Will check out how test or even fix that.
2018/11/27 20:13:59
Wayfarer
Try popping the strings off, stick your hand inside, and move the pickup wire one way or the other a couple of inches, tape it there to the top and then try it again. If it works better, then you know the wire has a short. Sometimes they get a break in them or they have a bad solder joint at the pickup or the preamp. It's usually cheaper and easier just to replace the pickup. You can find Fishman Sonitone and Presys UST pickups on eBay all day for 10 or 20 bucks.

Bill
2018/11/27 20:57:06
Bajan Blue
I've got a Blueberry Grand Acoustic with an internal mic- I cant remember the make of the mic - but I was never mad on the sound playing live with that, so I got a fishman Aura pedal which makes a massive improvement. 
Recording I use a two mic set up and never use the internal mic
Nigel

2018/11/27 21:54:18
Wayfarer
I'd like to hear an LR Baggs Anthem in the flesh.
2018/11/27 22:14:55
batsbrew
Wayfarer
I had the older ES-1 in a Taylor 341ce. It was okay but nothing to write home about. That is, good enough for live, but I would never try to use it on a recording unless it was just strumming. However, a few months ago I played an 814ce with the newer ES-2 and put it through a Fishman Loudbox. Sounded fantastic. However, I'd really have to take it home and record with it to make a final judgement because I'm sure some of what I was hearing was the actual guitar sitting on my knee, but if it sounds as good recorded as what I heard in the store, I would be very happy with that indeed.

Bill

i don't know if the one i played thru was an older or newer model,
but the guitar was a higher end taylor, 814 ce
2018/11/27 22:15:48
batsbrew
as is is,
i find that a combo of a ADK Hamburg, and a Shure KSM44 on my taylor 414,
sounds wonderful.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account