• Coffee House
  • SoundCloud removed my recording of Bach as a copyright clame... (p.2)
2018/11/30 13:35:14
bdickens
This might be something that the Electronic Frontier Foundation might be interested in. Along with other provacy and IP issues, they also fight against copyright trolls. https://www.eff.org/issues/copyright-trolls
2018/12/03 17:06:37
pwalpwal
did they say who the claim was from??
2018/12/03 21:14:49
ØSkald
pwalpwal

It was a Automatic claim. it was just 5-10 seconds after I had saved the song on there.
2018/12/03 21:16:23
slartabartfast
Who identified the copyright "infringement" is an important issue. Soundcloud typically uses a robot detection system on uploaded material to determine if it "matches" something in their database. If Soundcloud itself claims the infringement, then it should be cleared up by filing a dispute with SoundCloud. There are also for-profit services that use similar technology to dredge online sites for work that their clients pay them to find and either demand payment for or issue a DMCA takedown notice. If a copyright "owner" issues a takedown notice, then most likely you will need to respond to that in a specific legal format, in which case Soundcloud will have to re-instate your work unless the DMCA issuer objects, in which case he will have to file suit for copyright infringement within a short period of time, or lose his right to take the work down. With a work that is clearly in the public domain, and this would not include original ancient work that has been rearranged by a modern author, then the only right in serious question would be the mechanical rights to the recording, which does not apply in this case.

2018/12/03 21:23:17
ØSkald
It was clearly a robot. They have reinstated it, but I do not use that site to be found by others. I just use it to show of half made work to people involved and sites like this. It irritates me a little that people I don’t know or want to listen to my music finds it there. It doesn’t happen to much tho. I will never put on my final work on there. Then I at least should make an account for that project/band/artist.
2018/12/04 02:35:42
bdickens
Doug Marks (of Metal Method guitar lesson fame) periodically gets takedown notices claiming copyright infringement for his own videos from Tunecore. Pretty amazing, since some of them date from not only before Tunecore existed, but before Al Gore even invented the internet.
2018/12/04 16:35:22
pwalpwal
ØSkald
pwalpwal

It was a Automatic claim. it was just 5-10 seconds after I had saved the song on there.

ah, that's such bullsh1t
2018/12/04 16:36:09
pwalpwal
bdickens before Al Gore even invented the internet.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account